Last night, Greensky Bluegrass hit Washington, DC for the first of their three nights at the 9:30 Club with friends Fruition. Greensky certainly rose to the occasion, putting together a solid show that inevitably will get fans stoked for the next two nights. In honor of Groundhog’s Day and in keeping with tradition, the band opened with “Groundhog.”Moving into the second set, the band was fired up, busting out “Cold Feet” to kick things off after set break for a stacked second set. After “Can’t Stop Now,” which featured quotes from Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have A Dream Speech,” the band began a cover of The Wood Brother’s “Luckiest Man.” For this track, Mimi Naja and Jay Cobb Anderson of supporting band Fruition joined Greensky. Following this sit-in, Greensky busted out “Freeborn Man,” during which Michael Bont threw down an inspiring solo.The rest of the second set was a non-stop scorcher, which saw Mimi Naja return for “Worried About The Weather.” You can watch video of last night’s “Freeborn Man” below, courtesy of Troy Laur.You can see the setlist, courtesy of Lucas White, as well as a full gallery from Mark Raker below.Setlist: Greensky Bluegrass | 9:30 Club | Washington, DC | 2/2/2017Set 1: Groundhog (1) 》 Handle with Care, Depot Bay, Take Cover, Better Off, Reverend, Crying Holy Unto the Lord, While Waiting, All FourSet 2: Cold Feet, In Control > Can’t Stop Now (2), Luckiest Man (3)(4), Freeborn Man (5)(6) 》The Four, Wheel Hoss, Forget Everything (7), Worried About the Weather (8) 》Foxy Lady 》Worried about the WeatherE: Fixin’ to Ruin (9)Notes: (1) “Reuben’s Train” teases, (2) Martin Luther King “Dream” speech quotes, (3) With Jay Cobb Anderson and Mimi Naja, (4) “Say It Ain’t So” quotes, (5) Anders vocal mirror guitar during opening, (6) “Paint It Black” teases, (7) With Mimi Naja on harmony vocals, (8) “Dark Star’ teases, (9) Kevin Gregory on vibraslap Load remaining images
In 1959, Arthur Samuel defined machine learning as a “field of study that gives computers the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed.” No, wait – Did I just type “1959?” Yes, true!Machine learning, which is a branch of artificial intelligence (AI), has been around a while, but the technology has made enormous strides since 1959. The ability to learn without explicitly being programmed sounds like a mantra taken from a child-rearing manual from the 1950s. However, this concept has even greater potential today when we apply the technology to fraud prevention.Machine learning will still require the presence of humans to calibrate and confirm fraud, and to assist the model in learning from historical data. But the promise of a faster and more accurate solution for fraud prevention has CO-OP very excited about the possibilities – which is why our company is becoming an early adopter of this technology. continue reading » 42SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
A combination of a recent spike in infections, staff shortages and a lack of personal protective equipment (PPE) have been blamed for the infection increases.A recent report by South Africa’s National Institute for Occupational Health said hospital admissions of health workers were increasing weekly in line with the national trend of rising numbers of admissions.The data revealed that by July 12, some 2.6 percent of COVID-19 hospital admissions in South Africa were healthcare workers.Those infected included nurses, doctors, porters, administrators, paramedics and laboratory scientists. Health Minister Zweli Mkhize told parliament earlier this month that “since the COVID-19 pandemic, PPE supply chains have become severely constrained”. WHO Africa chief Moeti said it was critical to ensure health workers “have the equipment, skills and information they need to keep themselves, their patients and colleagues safe”.Sub-Saharan Africa has recorded more than 750,000 coronavirus cases, including 15,000 deaths. Topics : Coronavirus has infected some 13,000 South African health workers and killed more than 100 of them, the health ministry said Thursday, as the virus takes a toll on frontline caregivers.South Africa holds the highest number of infections on the continent with 408,052 recorded cases and 5,940 deaths so far.It is also the world’s fifth worst-affected country in terms of diagnosed infections. Health ministry spokesman Popo Maja told AFP that 13,174 health workers had become infected as of Tuesday, including 103 deaths and 6,394 people declared recovered.South Africa’s statistics were unveiled as the World Health Organization (WHO) reported that more than 10,000 health workers in 40 countries had been sickened by the virus.”The growth we are seeing in COVID-19 cases in Africa is placing an ever-greater strain on health services across the continent,” said Matshidiso Moeti, WHO regional director for Africa, at a news conference on Thursday. “This has very real consequences for the individuals who work in them, and there is no more sobering example of this than the rising number of health worker infections,” she said.
Owner Eric Danos said: “With a 73-year history, we have lived through many industry cycles. In today’s market, we understand the need to find innovative ways to provide services to our customers, and this contract is an example of that.” Oil and gas services company Danos has won a contract from Dutch-Anglo oil major Shell for the provision of a production workforce across Shell’s assets in the Gulf of Mexico. Danos said on Thursday that the contract was awarded by Shell’s subsidiary – Shell Exploration and Production Company. Danos addedthat the three-year contract began on 1 May and will employ 144 Danos personnelin a variety of positions. The company won a deal in early 2019 for work on Equinor’s its Titan spar production platform. That was the second deal with the Norwegian company on that platform since it also won a coatings maintenance contract the year before. Apart from supporting Shell, Danos also supports other oil industry majors in the Gulf of Mexico, such as Equinor. Danos hasalso been contracted to support Shell’s Unconventionals business in the Permianand Appalachian regions. The oil service provider stated that it would provide the workforce on Shell’s Appomattox, Auger, Enchilada, Salsa, Mars, Ursa, Olympus, Perdido, and Stones assets. It is worth noting that the two companies have worked together for almost 50 years on developing the Gulf of Mexico’s oil and gas resources. The company willprovide crane operators, control room and process operators, electricians,electronic technicians, instrument technicians, logistics, and onsite supervisors.
NZHerald 29 Jan 2013 Fewer suspensions and expulsions do not mean kids are behaving better, writes Vaimoana Tapaleao. The number of students being stood down for bad behaviour is at its lowest point for more than a decade. Suspensions and exclusions are slightly lower than previous years and the number of pupils being expelled from school is also the lowest it has been in years. But principals, teachers and other experts say there is still an increasing number of children who are difficult to handle and that schools simply had better restorative programmes in place now – rather than children becoming better behaved. The latest figures on stand-downs, suspensions, exclusions and expulsion rates, released by the Ministry of Education, show a drop in all areas. In particular, stand-down rates have fallen for the fifth consecutive year since peaking in 2006. Back then, the age-standardised stand-down rate stood at 30.9 per 1000 students. The numbers fell to 24.5 stand-downs per 1000 students in 2011. Maori pupils and male students in particular continue to top the number of stand-downs.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10861951
LifestyleLocalNewsReader BitesThe Built Environment PRESS RELEASE: Millenia Architects Awards Scholarship by: – February 8, 2019 Share 442 Views no discussions Share Sharing is caring! Tweet Share Lead Architect at Millenia Architects, Marcus Philbert and Ms. Nerrisa GeorgeAs part of the Millenia Architects Guiding Light Initiative launched in June of 2018, a scholarship for tuition covering a one-year Architecture Associates degree program at the Dominica State College was awarded to Ms. Nerrisa George of Calibishie.“The Millenia Group, comprising of: Millenia Architects; Sorell Consulting Ltd; Kaliber Construction & Homes; and Millenia Realty believes that sustainable development goes far beyond bricks and mortar. That is why we have decided to invest in the development of the human resource that is needed to create a resilient economy for decades to come.” said Executive Director of the Millenia Group, Alistair Grell.“This initiative has also benefited two other young people so far. The intern who went through our six (6) months internship last year has since been employed as a permanent member of our team. Also, there is one person currently participating in on-the-job training and mentorship from our team.”
“This one-strike policy on straybullet incidents caused by indiscriminate firing of guns resulting to death orinjury will be strictly implemented,” said Police Lieutenant Colonel JoemMalong, PRO-6 spokesperson. ILOILO City – Should there be cases ofinjuries or deaths due to stray bullets this holiday season, these should besolved within 24 hours, the Police Regional Office 6 (PRO-6) told police unitsacross Western Visayas. Failure to crack the cases within such period wouldcost the posts of the police chiefs concerned. The PRO-6 is wary of the irresponsiblepractice of gun owners of firing their firearms to celebrate Christmas andwelcoming the New Year. The policy is contained in thePaskuhan 2019 Operational Guidelines issued by the Philippine National Policeon Nov. 22, 2019. Brigadier General Rene Pamuspusan,PRO-6 director, said, “We really need to inform our general public that thereis again a need to control the use of firearms and there is such a program forthem to reach out and surrender their firearms, especially those who stilldon’t have complete documents.” But of particular concern to the PRO-6are those keeping illegal guns (not registered or homemade), according to thePRO-6 spokesperson. Lieutenant General Camilo PancratiusCascolan, Philippine National Police’s deputy chief for operations,acknowledged the effort of the PRO-6 in this campaign. It also revealed that police unitsacross the region were able to confiscate a total of 564 loose firearms in fivemonths from July 1 to Nov. 19. The PRO-6’s goal is to achieve zerostray bullet incidents this holiday season. Malong said two long-standingprograms having this goal are the police campaign against loose firearms andthe setting up of checkpoints where cops stop people and check them out. “These are more than 500 (seized loosefirearms), an initiative of the PRO-6. Most of them are from law enforcementoperations. Some were surrendered by local government units because of the lackof licenses, or by individuals who still have no permit for the said firearms,”Cascolan said. Police chiefs must devise ways toconvince gun holders not to fire their guns, she stressed. The regional police’ data showed thatfrom July to October 2019, 425 crimes were committed with the use of firearms./PN Police Lieutenant Colonel Joem Malong, spokesperson of the PRO-6. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN During the holiday season last year,the PRO-6 recorded no stray bullet incidents. Malong said this was due to themassive campaign against loose firearms and the drive encouraging responsibleownership of guns. “The police chief would be relievedfrom his post if the case is not solved within 24 hours,” Malong said. Just last month, the PRO-6 relaunchedthe “Tokhang Kontra Guinadilian nga Pusil (TKGP)” in Camp Delgado here.
Police Colonel Eric Dampal (center), director of the Iloilo City Police Office, urges Police Corporal Joseph Andrew Joven, suspect in two murder cases, to surface and defend himself in court. Joven has not reported to the city police office since March after failing to undergo a drug test. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN “It was the Britanico family’s choice to go to the NBI. We helped the NBI,” said Dampal who was appointed ICPO on Feb. 20, a month after the Britanico-Muller killings. “Hence, after inflicting several fatal wounds at Britanico, they took his mobile phone,” the NBI surmised./PN ILOILO City – Where is Police Corporal Joseph Andrew Joven, one of the two policemen charged in the killing of a son of former assemblyman Salvador “Buddy” Britanico and a call center agent? “Much better siguro na mag-surface s’ya. Harapin n’ya ang kaso n’ya para madepensahan n’ya ang sarili n’ya,” said Police Colonel Eric Dampal, director of the Iloilo City Police Office (ICPO). Joven had been AWOL (absent without official leave) from the ICPO since March 12. Britanico spotted the men while on his way home to Prime Estate Subdivision in Barangay Nabitasan. He was eventually charged administratively for grave neglect of duty (failure to report for duty) and less grave neglect of duty (failure to undergo mandatory drug test). Charged with Joven for murder and theft for the Britanico-Muller slays were Police Corporal Jerry Villanueva assigned at the Regional Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit of the Police Regional Office 6 (PRO-6) and two other unidentified persons. “Joven admitted (to the car rental owner) he was the driver of the group. Further, (he) said that after killing Muller, they stopped at a vacant lot in (Barangay) Nabitasan, La Paz to strip off the white stickers from the Adventure. Britanico saw and confronted them so they shot Britanico to death,” read part of the NBI statement announcing its findings and the eventual filing of charges. Joven had not reported to the ICPO after failing to undergo a drug test that Dampal ordered for all city policemen in March. The NBI conducted its own investigation on the killings upon the order of President Rodrigo Duterte whose help was sought by former assemblyman Britanico. Its probe took some four months. According to Distor, the car rental owner told the NBI that Joven confessed to him that “the Adventure was used by his group as getaway vehicle in killing Muller and Britanico.” The ICPO, on the other hand, remained vague as to the status of its own investigation. The ICPO under Defensor had a poor track record in solving crimes, particularly shootings. Dampal said the ICPO respects the NBI’s filing of charges against Joven and the three others. In a press conference yesterday, Dampal said policemen would be hunting Joven down once a warrant for the suspect’s arrest has been issued. According to NBI officer-in-charge Eric Distor, the same vehicle – a Mitsubishi Adventure was seen in both killings, and that witnesses further saw one of the suspects taking something from Britanico. Thesuccessivekillings – just minutes apart – of Muller first then Britanico were initially thought as separate incidents. The NBI, however, discovered they were related by circumstance. “Gagawin natin ang lahat para maging mabuti ang ang ating pamamahala sa ICPO. I have to study all unsolved cases,” said Dampal on Feb. 20 when he formally assumed the city police’s directorship. The NBI traced the vehicle to the PAPO Car Rental and determined that it was Joven who rented it for two days or until Jan. 20, 2020. Dampal was a former director of the Compostela Valley Police Provincial Office. He also had a stint at the Police Regional Office 11 or Davao Region. According to the NBI, Britanico’s wife described her husband as having a “temper for traffic violators and does not hesitate to take photographs or videos of such and post them on social media.” Villanueva is now under restrictive custody at the PRO-6. Taking this into consideration, according to the investigators, the suspects may have assumed that Britanico reported their activities to the authorities when he made a call or took photos or videos of them. He was charged on May 29 with murder and theft by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) for the Jan. 19, 2020 fatal shooting of 36-year-old businessman Delfin Britanico of La Paz district and 42-year-old call center agent and drug surrenderer Alain Muller of Jaro district. The city police director at the time of the killings was Police Colonel Martin Defensor, now reassigned to the PRO-6.
September 1, 2018 Police Blotter090118 Decatur County Jail Report090118 Decatur County Fire Report090118 Decatur Coiunty EMS Report090118 Decatur County Law Report090118 Batesville Police Blotter