The Federal Government is providing up to $83.6 million for this project through the Investing in Canada Plan, while B.C. Hydro is providing the remaining $205.4 million. VANCOUVER, B.C. – The Federal Government and B.C. Hydro have announced that they will be providing funding for the Peace Region Electricity Supply Project to make natural gas sites within the Peace Region more environmentally friendly.Currently, the majority of natural gas sites within the Peace rely on diesel generators to power the sites.With this funding, the plan is to switch these sites from diesel generated to hydro generated by expanding the existing transmission infrastructure and building two parallel 230-kilovolt power lines between the future Site C Substation near Fort St. John and the existing Groundbirch Substation, located about 30 kilometres east of Chetwynd.- Advertisement -According to the Government, once complete, industries and businesses in the Peace Region will have access to a cleaner supply of energy to power their operations, reducing greenhouse gas emissions by up to 2.6 megatonnes per year.Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Natural Resources, says transitioning to cleaner electricity is essential to protecting the environment.“Transitioning to cleaner electricity is essential to protecting the environment, creating more sustainable communities and building a clean future for our kids and grandkids. This important project will encourage Canadian businesses to transition to renewable energy, boosting the economic growth in the Peace Region and promoting a greener way of life for all British Columbians.”Advertisement
Manchester United’s recruitment under Jose Mourinho has been questioned by Paul Ince, with a centre-half storm raging on the back of previous deals for Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof.The Red Devils bolstered their defensive ranks in 2016 and 2017, with big-money transfers pushed through for international performers.Neither Bailly nor Lindelof have entirely convinced at Old Trafford, though, with the pair enduring a forgettable afternoon alongside one another during a 3-2 defeat at Brighton on Sunday. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Man Utd ready to spend big on Sancho and Haaland in January Who is Marcus Thuram? Lilian’s son who is top of the Bundesliga with Borussia Monchengladbach Brazil, beware! Messi and Argentina out for revenge after Copa controversy Best player in MLS? Zlatan wasn’t even the best player in LA! Mourinho had been hoping to have more options at his disposal, having pursued the likes of Toby Alderweireld and Harry Maguire over the summer, but Ince feels he needs to shoulder more responsibility for additions that have already been made.The former United midfielder told Match of the Day 2: “He spoke about not getting the centre-halves. Has he got the players he wanted to get in?”He bought the two centre-halves and I don’t think he got them right.”[Chris] Smalling didn’t play [against Brighton], [Phil] Jones is injured. I’m not sure he’s got the right partnership.”While defensive frailties were highlighted against the Seagulls, United struggled as a collective to find fluency – with Paul Pogba questioning their attitude and preparation afterwards .Ince admits these are concerning times at Old Trafford, with the Red Devils failing to deliver on expectations.He added: “This is Manchester United. We expect better.”You’re not always going to play well as a team.”I’ve watched that game and I’m trying to work out what the tactics were.”I didn’t know how Manchester United were setting up, what their game plan was. I saw it with Brighton.”There was no cohesion, no pattern of play. What are they trying to do? What is their identity?”United will need to have answers to those questions by the time they welcome fellow top-four hopefuls Tottenham to Old Trafford next Monday .