4 4 4 Jackson Martinez (Porto) – Click the arrows to view more strikers – The Colombian has gone goal crazy in Portugal, netting 60 goals in 91 games for Porto and has already admitted he would love a move to Arsenal the club he has supported all his life. The Gunners are understood to have held discussions with the 25-year-old but that was prior to Alexis Sanchezs arrival and since then things have gone a tad quiet. Martinez has made it known he would happily accept a move to the Emirates but it will take £35m to prise him away from Estadio do Dragao. Javier Hernandez (Manchester United) – The Red Devils forward has proven since moving to Old Trafford in 2010 that he has an eye for goal. A natural poacher, he is quite possibly the exact type of player Arsenal are crying out for. Currently he is one of six United players who are thought to be having their futures assessed by new boss Louis van Gaal. But should the Dutchman conclude his time is up, then Arsene Wenger should act quickly to snap up the Mexico international for what is likely to be only £7m. 4 Mario Balotelli (AC Milan) – Click the arrows to view more strikers – The difficult Italian striker is well known on these shores and Arsenal have been linked with a move for his services all summer. The Italy international Englands scourge in their World Cup match is thought to be available for £15.8million and while almost double the fee Liverpool are paying for Remy, he is younger and is considered more of an explosive star, both on and off the pitch. Wilfried Bony (Swansea) – Click the arrows to view more strikers – Liverpool and Arsenal have competed for various players this summer. Alexis Sanchez chose the Gunners while it seems Remy has opted for the Reds. Bony is another player both have cast their eye over with the Merseyside club reportedly agreeing terms for the Ivory Coast international but failing to meet Swanseas £20m valuation. Brendan Rodgers decision to bring Remy to Anfield indicates he is no longer interested in the Jacks forward and with the striker making it obvious he wants a move to a top six club, Arsenal could benefit from Liverpools failure to bring in the 25-year-old, who scored 25 goals in his debut season on English soil. Loic Remy and Arsenal were meant to be. It was always thought the French striker would head to the Emirates, particularly when he was spotted in the stands at the Gunners’ last home game of the season. But somehow it appears he is now on his way to Liverpool for £8.5m instead.It’s fair to say Gooners are used to Arsene Wenger’s dithering in the transfer market in recent seasons, but this one left a particularly sore mark as they always felt the QPR forward was bound to move to north London. Remy has history of doing the unexpected – QPR signed him from right under the noses of Newcastle, who thought they had a deal tied up – but while Arsenal fans are unimpressed by their failure to land the France international it should not be all doom and gloom.Wenger has since said he is not looking for new strikers but with plenty of time left in the transfer market, he could yet change his mind and as these players prove, there are still options out there for the Gunners.Click the arrows to view four forwards Arsenal could sign.
“I miss the pitch, but I had decided to have a year of rest and I’m very calm while I wait to know my new destination. I don’t know what it will be,” the 49-year-old told Sky Sports Italia.“I did not receive any offer from Italy.“I’m in Milan because I went to see the Atalanta-Juventus (Coppa Italia) game.”Conte, who had one year remaining on his Chelsea deal when he left the club, is reported to have a clause which prevents him from coaching another English side until the summer.Chelsea fell to a 4-0 defeat at Bournemouth in the Premier League on Wednesday.“Did they? I didn’t know about it. I was watching the Atalanta game,” said Conte.“Anyway, Chelsea is a matter of the past for me.”Former Italian international midfielder Conte spent most of his senior career with Juventus, winning 13 trophies.He returned to coach the club to three consecutive Serie A titles, and after two years with the Italian national team, moved to Chelsea in 2016, winning the Premier League title in his first season.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Conte led Chelsea to Premier League and FA Cup titles in his two seasons in charge © AFP/File / Glyn KIRKMILAN, Italy, Jan 31 – Former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte said on Thursday he is ready to return to coaching but insisted he had not received any offers in Italy.The Italian was sacked by Chelsea in July, despite leading the club to the FA Cup, with compatriot Maurizio Sarri taking over.