REVEALED: JUSTICE MINISTER AWAITING NEW REPORT ON FERRY ABUSE SCANDAL

first_imgMichael Ferry, right, being taken into court in Donegal Town in December.FORMER Justice Minister Alan Shatter had asked for a new report into the Micheal Ferry abuse scandal before he left office, Donegal Daily has learned.New Minister Frances Fitzgerald will review the report when she gets it, her spokesman has confirmed. It has led to hopes among Ferry’s victims that they may finally found out more about the scandal.The Minister confirmed to Deputy Pearse Doherty that Mr Shatter had asked for a report on the case just weeks ago following a decision by Minister Fitzgerald – then as Children’s Minister – to release the contents of a damning HSE review of the case to the victims and their families.Michael Ferry is serving 14 years in prison for abusing young boys in the grounds of a school building where he worked as caretaker.Ferry was paid by Colaiste Cholmcille for his work at the former Ardscoil Mhuire building in Gaoth Dobhair right up until 2010 – nine years after Ferry pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a boy in the grounds of the school.His continued work there horrified the nation when Ferry was convicted again two years ago of abusing more boys, some of them after his 2002 conviction.At the time Minister Shatter described the affair as “outrageous” and ordered a Garda investigation as well as a separate ministerial report.Deputy Doherty told Donegal Daily that Deputy Shatter had assured him before his resignation that he was looking again at the affair.“To be fair to him, he did promise to ask for a report from his officials at the Department of Justice,” said Deputy Doherty.“Minister Fitzgerald has confirmed this to me and she is now awaiting that report. She said a decision on its publication or release to victims would be taken once she has seen it. Obviously I believe that like the HSE report, this new report should be given to victims.”The minister’s spokesman said: “A further report had been sought from the Garda authorities by the Minister’s predecessor on any issues arising from the case, following the decision not to prosecute, and this material will be considered by Minister Fitzgerald upon its receipt. It is not possible to make any further comment pending that.”REVEALED: JUSTICE MINISTER AWAITING NEW REPORT ON FERRY ABUSE SCANDAL was last modified: May 17th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:abuse scandalArdscoil MhuireGaoth DobhairMichael Ferrylast_img read more

See More

Merse wants Sarri to drop Kepa

first_imgFormer Arsenal player Paul Merson believes Maurizio Sarri must drop goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga to send a strong message to other players.Kepa blatantly refused to be subbed off in Sunday’s Carabao Cup final loss to Manchester City, which sparked controversy at the club.The Italian manager has tried to calm the incident by insinuating it was a misunderstanding ahead of a crucial game against Spurs on Wednesday night.However, Merson who played under George Graham has advised Sarri to learn from his former boss by replacing Kepa with Willy Caballero.“I think the manager has to stay strong and tell him he’s not playing – he’s got to,” he said on Sky Sports Debate.“If you’re the manager then you’ve got to tell him you’ve shown me no respect otherwise the rest of the players will be thinking ‘wow, come on’.”Merson equally opened up on how he was instantly punished by Graham after disrespecting the former Arsenal manager.WolverhamptonMatch Preview: Wolverhampton vs Chelsea Boro Tanchev – September 13, 2019 Wolverhampton will host Chelsea at the Molineux Stadium in one of the most interesting Premier League games this weekend.🗣️ Kepa and Maurizio Sarri speak out as Chelsea announce that Kepa has been fined a week’s wages for his actions on Sunday pic.twitter.com/RR0aXItLWX— B/R Football (@brfootball) February 26, 2019“I laughed at him once and I didn’t play for two months,” he said.“And, we played Huddersfield in the League Cup and I walked straight down the tunnel. I didn’t play for a month after that. I didn’t show enough respect and got punished so you don’t do it again, although I have done it twice… so maybe don’t use me as an example!“You’ve got to give your manager the respect.”last_img read more

See More