Home » News » Agencies & People » Back of the net! Branch launch gets the Grobbelaar thumbs up previous nextAgencies & PeopleBack of the net! Branch launch gets the Grobbelaar thumbs upLegendary former Liverpool goalkeeper joins other sporting stars at opening of NW of England estate agency’s latest new officeNigel Lewis4th November 20190531 Views Any independent estate agency planning to launch a new branch pulls every string available to stir up publicity for its new office.But eight-branch NW England firm Ashtons has pulled an extraordinary coup after persuading former Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar (above, second left) to launch its latest high street location.Its new branch on Kiln Lane in Eccleston, Lancashire was launched over the weekend by former footballer Grobbelaar alongside local rugby star Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook.Zimbabwean Grobbelaar spent 14 years at Liverpool between 1981 and 1994 winning six league titles, three FA Cups, three League Cups and a European Cup in his time at the club.McCarthy-Scarsbrook joined Saints in 2011 and was part of last month’s Grand Final winning team and has been granted a testimonial by the club ahead of his tenth season with Saints in 2020.“We have longed to open an office in Eccleston and we are delighted that so many local residents and familiar faces have spared their time to help us celebrate,” says Ashtons managing director Kristian Derrick.The launch co-incided with a raffle with prizes including signed Liverpool and Saint shirts, pro-golf lessons and Haydock Racecourse tickets. bruce grobebelaar Ashtons Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook Liverpool November 4, 2019Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles Letting agent fined £11,500 over unlicenced rent-to-rent HMO3rd May 2021 BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021
Mike Leavitt, secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), led the investigation and presented the report to the president on Sep 10. In a letter that accompanied the report, Leavitt wrote that the United States must shift from a “snapshot” approach of stopping unsafe products at the border to a “video” model that identifies critical points in an imported product’s life cycle. Because state and federal agencies don’t use integrated information-sharing systems, crucial information on imports is sometimes missed, the report says. For example, the US Department of Agriculture’s (USDA’s) import inspection data system is not connected to the system used by US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Jun 28 CIDRAP News story “Drugs in Chinese seafood trigger FDA import ban” Sep 12, 2007 (CIDRAP News) – A cabinet-level working group assigned by President Bush in July to explore import safety issues issued its initial report recently, suggesting a risk-based monitoring strategy and calling on government agencies to use technology to improve collaboration on import-related activities. Bush’s actions were prompted by several recent product safety problems that surfaced over the summer and involved Chinese imports. Food-related incidents involved melamine-contaminated wheat gluten that was used in animal and fish feed, and seafood that contained residues of unauthorized veterinary drugs. See also: Another challenge that government officials need to address is companies and individuals that circumvent US restrictions on certain imports. For example, the working group found that in 2006 CBP intercepted 45 containers of chicken, chicken parts, and other meat products that were smuggled into the country as frozen seafood. Leavitt said in his letter that over the next several weeks the working group will gather comments and recommendations from the public. In mid November the group will follow up with an action plan that will contain several short- and long-term recommendations. “Such a risk-based, prevention-focused model will help ensure that safety is built into products before they reach our borders,” Leavitt wrote. “This lack of connectivity between CBP and USDA systems has created the possibility, which is now being addressed, for imported products to enter domestic commerce without being inspected in accordance with federal requirements,” the report states. Jul 20 CIDRAP News story “FAO, WHO urge vigilance in light of recent food scares”
The powerful striker scored 21 goals in 57 appearances for Nigeria and took part in four Africa Cup of Nations as well as the 2010 World Cup.“The Yak… is 3rd best all time scorer of the senior national team. Thank you for the memories,” the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) tweeted.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Former Super Eagles forward, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, has retired from professional soccer on his 35th birthday.Yakubu, who played his club football at Portsmouth, Everton, Middlesbrough and Blackburn Rovers, made 250 Premier League appearances and scored 96 goals in a career spanning 20 years. He also featured three times for fourth-tier side Coventry City this year before being released.“I would like to officially announce my retirement from professional football today,” Yakubu told Sky Sports yesterday.