On Thursday, Anderson .Paak premiered a brand new song featuring Motown legend Smokey Robinson, “Make It Better”. The new track will appear on .Paak’s forthcoming new record, Ventura, his second LP in the space of less than a year following the October 2018 release of his acclaimed album, Oxnard. Ventura is set to arrive on April 12th.The new track is a sonic departure from most of .Paak’s previous material. While it starts with a sparse, hip-hop-style kick/snare beat, “Make It Better” quickly shifts gears toward the R&B side of the spectrum, showing fans a softer side to the rapper/drummer/bandleader.As .Paak noted about the new track while filling in for Zane Lowe on Beats 1 for the song’s debut, “I think it’s one of my first straight-ahead love songs. I don’t think I’m cursing on it at all, you know what I’m sayin’? I played this for my moms, she immediately started dancing in her muumuu…ha HA!” Hear Anderson .Paak talk about the new track on Beats 1 below: The softer, more soulful sound falls in step with .Paak’s forecasts for his next chapter. In a recent appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, he said that fans could expect “Lots of soul, a bigger tour, and the best teeth in the game.” .Paak also made good on the bigger tour/best teeth in the came portion of his forecast in late February with the announcement of his Best Teef In The Game tour, a run of shows at arenas and amphitheaters nationwide. Thundercat will serve as support throughout the entirety of the tour, with Mac DeMarco, Earl Sweatshirt, Noname, and Jessie Reyez joining in on select dates.Related: THERE WILL BE NO SIMPIN’: Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals Kick Off ‘Andy’s Beach Club’ World Tour in San FranciscoCheck out the official music video for Anderson .Paak’s “Make It Better” featuring Smokey Robinson below:Anderson .Paak ft. Smokey Robinson – “Make It Better”[Video: Anderson Paak]For more information on Ventura, the Best Teef In The Game tour, and more, head to Anderson .Paak’s website.
Citing data from the Philippine AnimalWelfare Society, De Lima said that only 30 of some 3,000 horses from VolcanoIsland had so far been rescued. Several of them have since been rescuedand evacuated from the island which has become blanketed in a deep layer ofvolcanic ash, while others died. During the recent phreatic eruption ofTaal Volcano, several farm animals such as horses, cattle, pigs, and chickenswere left to fend for themselves on Volcano Island. Volunteers save animals that have been left behind as the Taal volcano continues to release ash and smoke in Batangas province, Philippines, 14 January 2020 (issued 15 January 2020). The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) has kept the alert level at four, following Taal Volcano’s eruption on 12 January 2020.Taal Volcano eruption aftermath, Batangas Province, Philippines – 14 Jan 2020. EPA “We need to revisitour national disaster preparedness program to include the animals,including strays, who may need to be rescued, fed, and transported to safegrounds, especially those from owners who were forced to leave them,” thedetained senator said in a statement. MANILA – Plans for the rescue of animals when calamities hit the country must be included in the national disaster preparedness program, Sen. Leila de Lima said. “I join the plea of animal rightsorganizations and rescue volunteers to save the animals left behind in theareas severely affected by Taal Volcano’s eruption,” De Lima said. “Itbreaks my heart to see these pets and animals helplessly suffering and dying.”/PN
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Juventus lodge new appeal for 2005/06 Serie A title removed from Inter Milanby Carlos Volcano9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus have lodged a new appeal to have the 2005/06 Serie A title removed from Inter Milan.During the Calciopoli scandal of 2006, Juve had two Scudetti revoked – the 2004/05 title went unassigned, while the 2005/06 title was handed to third-place Inter.This was due to AC Milan, who had finished second, also being docked points in the trial, along with Lazio, Fiorentina, Reggina and Arezzo.Juventus have had several appeals rejected to have the titles returned, or at least the later trophy taken away from Inter.On Saturday, Juve formally lodged another appeal with the Collegio di Garanzia dello Sport tribunal.
The smoke covering Fort St. John is coming from the fire that is currently uncontrolled.If the current fire suppression doesn’t work, more crews will be brought in to fight the fire Thursday.There is another fire northwest of Fort St. John, that is approximately 100 hectares in size. The fire isn’t creating a lot of smoke today and crews are working to put out that fire.If you have any information about forest fires in our region, email [email protected] You can also send along any pictures or video as well. UPDATE as of 5:45 p.m. – B.C. Hydro has confirmed the fire is located approximately 3.5km upstream from the Site C Dam project. At this time there is no concern for the workers on site or the worker accommodation. Hydro and the B.C. Wildfire Service are monitoring the situation and their first priority is the safety of workers on site and the public. Hydro was burning waste wood debris on Friday and Saturday near Tea Island. The cause of Wednesday’s fire is unknown at this time.FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Crews from the Forest Fire Service and B.C. Hydro are working to contain a fire near the Site C Dam.The fire broke out on Wednesday and is approximately 4 hectares in size. Crews from the Forest Service and B.C. Hydro are working to contain the fire and B.C. Hydro has hired a helicopter to help with the suppression efforts.
Brown is described as First Nations, standing 5’4″ tall, with a slim build, and medium-length brown hair.Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call the Fort St. John RCMP at (250) 787-8100, or Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 222-8477 (TIPS). UPDATE – As of 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sadie Brown has been located. The RCMP would like to thank the public for their help.FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John RCMP are asking for the public’s help in the search for a woman who was reported missing last Friday.54-year-old Sadie Brown was last seen at her home in Fort St. John early Friday morning before her roommate left for work. She requires a walker to get around, and is said to suffer from memory loss stemming from a previous medical incident.
For more information on the permit, click here.The Regional District is also reminding residents to respect and obey security checkpoints. The slide is still active and the community remains under an evacuation order. In a posting on the PRRD website, the District says “Security has been put in place to ensure the security of residences left unattended, and to know the number of contractors that working in the area restoring utilities. Entry permits can be obtained from the PRRD; this is so that the PRRD knows who is in the evacuation area.” FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District will start to issue permits to residents of the Old Fort so they can remove work vehicles from the community.The PRRD says if you have a 4×4 vehicle that is still in the community of Old Fort that sustains a business, you can contact the PRRD at 250-784-3200 and they will look at issuing entry permits to remove those vehicles.“The passage for getting out of the community location is a 4×4 road, so please take this into consideration before you submit your permit application.”
Seoul: South Korean police apologised for the first time Wednesday over massacres that killed 10,000 people decades ago and the military expressed deep regret as President Moon Jae-in seeks to re-examine history. On April 3, 1948 members of the communist Workers’ Party of Southern Korea — an ally of the organisation that still rules the North — launched an armed uprising on the southern island of Jeju, attacking a dozen police stations. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from US At the time the division of the peninsula had yet to be formalised and the Korean War was still two years away, but the US-supported South was ideologically split following the end of World War II and Japanese colonial rule. The revolt was quickly put down, but while sporadic clashes continued more than 10,000 civilians were killed by South Korean security forces over the next six years, including beyond the end of the Korean War. “We apologise to the innocent people whose lives were sacrificed,” said Min Gap-ryong, the commissioner general of the Korean National Police Agency, at a commemoration of the uprising’s 71st anniversary. Also Read – Record number of 35 candidates in fray for SL Presidential polls “We promise to be an organisation that only thinks about and works for Korean citizens so that a tragedy like this will never repeat in our future.” The country’s defence ministry also expressed “deep regret” to the victims, while stopping short of a full apology. The Jeju Incident, as the events are known, remains a highly politicised issue in South Korea, as do some other aspects of the country’s post-war history. Some Jeju-based research and NGOs have claimed it was “Jeju people’s resistance against national division and ‘American Imperialism'”. The police apology and ministry’s expression of regret come after left-leaning South Korean President Moon Jae-in has repeatedly spoken on the importance of “setting our history right”. Moon, who brokered talks between Washington and Pyongyang, has stressed the independence struggle against Japan’s colonial rule is at the heart of national identity in both Koreas, while framing the South’s right-wing — who say the victims of Jeju were all communist rebels — as descendants of pro-Japanese collaborators. Last year, Moon became the first South Korean president in more than a decade to attend the annual memorial ceremony on Jeju. At the event he said: “Young people who were falsely accused of being communists during the April 3 Incident defended their country in the face of death. Ideology was nothing more than a cause that justified the massacre.” In 2003 the then South Korean president Roh Moo-hyun — whom Moon served as chief of staff — offered an apology to the victims of the Jeju incident.
Rabat – Algerian Foreign Ministry summoned on Wednesday Abdullah Belkeziz, the Moroccan ambassador in Algiers, to inform him of its rejection of what it called “the allegations of the expulsion of Syrian refugees to the Moroccan territory.”In a statement published by the official news agency , the spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ammar Bllani said “we summoned the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Morocco on Wednesday to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, where he was received by the Secretary General of the Ministry, Noureddine Awam, who expressed the Algerian government’s full rejection of the unfounded allegations mentioned by the Moroccan party on the alleged expulsion by the Algerian authorities of Syrian nationals to the Moroccan territory.”This move comes less than 24 hours after Morocco summoned the Algerian Ambassador to Rabat to express to him Morocco’s “strong disapproval,” following the alleged expulsion by the Algerian authorities to Moroccan territory of more than 70 Syrian nationals. “While calling on Algeria to fully assume its responsibilities, Morocco deeply regrets this inhuman act, especially as it affects women and children in a situation of extreme vulnerability,” read a statement of the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs.A Video footage aired by the Moroccan channel Al Oula shows official Algerian stamps on the passports of the Syrian refugees, which proves that they have legally entered the Algerian territory before they were expelled to Morocco.©Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed
Michigan arrived in Columbus not the least bit intimidated by the No. 1-ranked, undefeated Ohio State men’s basketball team. The Wolverines stood toe-to-toe with the Buckeyes for most of the game Thursday night, but despite trailing at halftime, OSU showed exactly how it’s managed the second-best start in program history. “Ohio State is really good,” Wolverine coach John Beilein said. “There’s a reason they’re undefeated.” On the shoulders of freshman Jared Sullinger’s 10th double-double of the season, OSU (23-0, 10-0 Big Ten) bested unranked but feisty Michigan (13-10, 3-7 Big Ten), 62-53. Sullinger played all 40 minutes, scoring 19 points and grabbing 15 rebounds to lead the Buckeyes to victory. OSU jumped out to a quick lead, beginning the game with a 7-0 run, but the Wolverines were in no mood to let the Buckeyes blow them out early. A 3-pointer from junior guard Zack Novak tied the game at 14-14 with 11:39 to go in the first half. Four minutes later, a jumper from junior guard Stu Douglass gave the Wolverines their first lead, 20-19. The Buckeyes regained the lead, but back-to-back Michigan buckets to close the half put OSU down, 26-23, at the break. It was just the fourth time all season the Buckeyes have been trailing at halftime, and they entered the locker room with 10 turnovers and shooting just 36 percent from the field. “That’s not Ohio State basketball,” freshman point guard Aaron Craft said of the Buckeyes’ offensive struggles in the first 20 minutes. “That’s not what we’ve been doing all year to get us in the position we’re at.” A basket from redshirt freshman forward Jordan Morgan gave the Wolverines a 30-24 lead early in the second half, but two 3-pointers from junior guard William Buford tied the game, 30-30, and ignited the sellout crowd at the Schottenstein Center. With his first points of the game, senior forward David Lighty gave the Buckeyes a two-point lead with just less than 14 minutes remaining. The Wolverines quickly tied it, but a 7-0 Buckeye run, capped with a Lighty free throw, gave OSU a 44-36 lead with 9:37 to go. Again, however, Michigan answered. Back-to-back 3-pointers from freshmen Evan Smotrycz and Tim Hardaway Jr. cut the Buckeye lead to two. But Sullinger’s eight points over the next five minutes fueled a 10-3 OSU run that gave the Buckeyes a 54-45 lead, their largest of the game to that point, with less than three minutes remaining. “In the second half we took our intensity to another level,” Sullinger said. “We know it’s Michigan, and we know they’re going to give us their best shot. On top of that it’s a rivalry, so we just had to take it to another level.” After struggling through the first half, OSU shot 54 percent from the field in the second, and ended the game on an 18-9 run to earn the nine-point victory. Buford finished with 13 points, including three 3-pointers. Lighty and senior guard Jon Diebler added nine points apiece. The win, despite the seemingly comfortable margin of victory, was yet another game that perhaps could have gone either way down the stretch. The close games, Buford said, are simply what comes with a No. 1 ranking and will only help the Buckeyes in the long run. “We know every team is going to come after us,” Buford said. “We’re the No. 1 team in the country. They’re giving us their best shot, and we’re taking people’s best punches right now so when we get to the tournament we’ll be prepared.” OSU coach Thad Matta is happy as long as his team keeps winning, regardless of how close the games are. “It’s amazing, and I keep saying this just looking across college basketball,” Matta said. “There are great players, there are great coaches and to be sitting here today 23-0 and 10-0 in the Big Ten is something else.” The Buckeyes travel to Minneapolis to play No. 18 Minnesota at 2 p.m. Sunday.
There is an official statement from Udinese that the Brazilian international playing for them, Samir Caetano de Souza Santos has extended his contract with the club until 2023.Samir, the Brazilian center-back had joined Udeinese from Flamengo, and has since become a significant feature for the club after he had spent a period of loan at Verona an also Italian club. He has supported the defense of Udinese after he picked up a steady role from them after his return from being loaned to Verona.“Samir and Udinese go forward together,” a statement on the club website stated, according to Football Italia.Serie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….“General manager Franco Collavino and technical director Daniele Pradè announced the extension of the Brazilian defender Samir, who has reached 56 appearances with the Bianconeri.”This means that Samir’s contract has moved on to 2023. He will stay on with Udinese until the time to contribute his ability to their side in the Serie A.