Organisation PakistanAsia – Pacific June 2, 2021 Find out more News Pakistani supreme court acquits main suspect in Daniel Pearl murder The closure of Karachi-based radio station Mast FM 103 for retransmitting a BBC World Service programme in Urdu about Pakistan’s recent earthquake was a “disproportionate” sanction, Reporters Without Borders said today, calling on the authorities to allow the station to resume broadcasting at once.The press freedom organisation also condemned the fact that two Pakistani satellite TV stations, Rang and Vibe, have been threatened with sanctions if they do not stop carrying “foreign programmes.”“It is true these radio and TV stations do not have appropriate licences but all they did was exercise their right to inform,” Reporters Without Borders said. “By preventing the Pakistani media from using quality news programmes, the regulatory authorities are applying archaic regulations without considering listeners’ and viewers’ interests.”Police in the southern city of Karachi seized Mast FM 103’s transmitter and antennae on 14 November. Accompanied by representatives of the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA), police also raided the station’s studios and closed them down. The daily newspaper Dawn quoted a journalist as saying the police insulted several of the station’s employees.The authorities said they acted after the station retransmitted a special programmme on the recent earthquake in northern Pakistan that had been produced by the Urdu-language section of the BBC World Service.We have already taken measures against the station in the past for broadcasting foreign programmes,” Dawn quoted a PEMRA official as saying. “But the management went to the courts and the high court’s orders were clear – no radio station may broadcast this kind of programme. The station broke the law and we had to close it.”The BBC World Service was forced in March to put an end to the re-transmission of its Urdu-language news bulletins by Mast FM 103 in Karachi, Lahore, Multan and Faisalabad. The PEMRA had threatened the station with sanctions at the time. Follow the news on Pakistan Help by sharing this information News PakistanAsia – Pacific to go further January 28, 2021 Find out more Pakistani TV anchor censored after denouncing violence against journalists Pakistani journalist critical of the military wounded by gunfire RSF_en News News April 21, 2021 Find out more Receive email alerts November 18, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Karachi-based radio station closed for broadcasting BBC earthquake programme
We study a firn and ice core drilled at the new “Lock-In” site in East Antarctica, located 136 km away from Concordia station towards Durmont d’Urville. High resolution chemical and physical measurements were performed on the core, with a particular focus on the trapping zone of the firn where air bubbles are formed. We measured the air content in the ice, closed and open porous volumes in the firn, firn density, firn liquid conductivity and major ion concentrations, as well as methane concentrations in the ice. The closed and open porosity volumes of firn samples were obtained by the two independent methods of pycnometry and tomography, that yield similar results. The measured increase of the closed porosity with density is used to estimate the air content trapped in the ice with the aid of a simple gas trapping model. Results show a discrepancy, with the model trapping too much air. Experimental errors have been considered but do not explain the discrepancy between the model and the observations. The model and data can be reconciled with the introduction of a reduced compression of the closed porosity compared to the open porosity. Yet, it is not clear if this limited compression of closed pores is the actual mechanism responsible for the low amount of air in the ice. High resolution density measurements reveal the presence of a strong layering, manifesting itself as centimeter scale variations. Despite this heterogeneous stratification, all layers, including the ones that are especially dense or less dense compared to their surroundings, display similar pore morphology and closed porosity as function of density. This implies that all layers close in a similar way, even though some close in advance or later compared to the bulk firn. Investigation of the chemistry data suggests that in the trapping zone, the observed stratification is partly related to the presence of chemical impurities.
Batesville Incident Report (26)Decatur County EMS Report (39)Decatur County Fire Report (42)Decatur County Incident Report (42)Decatur County Jail Arrest Report (40)
MELBOURNE, Australia (CMC):Barbadian fast bowler Miguel Cummins is set to make his Test debut after he was named as a replacement for the injury pacer Shannon Gabriel in the ongoing series against Australia.West Indies Cricket Board’s selection panel made the announcement yesterday following the regional side’s heavy defeat to Australia inside three days in the first Test, which ended Saturday.Cummins, 25, has taken 99 wickets at an average of 22.83 in 36 first-class matches. He has made one international appearance for West Indies, an ODI against Ireland at Sabina Park, Jamaica, in February, last year.The 27-year-old Gabriel suffered a stress reaction in his left ankle bone while bowling in the first innings of the first Test match at the Blundstone Arena in Hobart. He is expected to return to Trinidad this week to continue his rehabilitation, a WICB statement said.
Inside the Casa de Chocolate. Photo by geocacher TramossosGeocache Name:Hansel and Gretel e a Casa de Chocolate (GC468WD)Difficulty/Terrain Rating:5/3Why this is the Geocache of the Week:When I first saw this geocache, the thing that struck me was the incredible description! I didn’t understand any of it (I don’t speak Portuguese), but I could definitely see the time and effort that went into creating the story and images. From there, a quick look at the logs and the photos showed that this geocache was more than just a pretty description—the container itself is an elaborate puzzle box. Geocache owners that put this much effort into a geocache deserve to be recognized!What geocachers are saying:[translated as best I could from Portuguese]“I really enjoyed it, Falkon Eye congratulations, this was the best cache I’ve ever done.” – eduarda“Magnificent cache !! Certainly deserves all the praise it has received, and from us, a BIG FAVORITE POINT. Congratulations to the owner throughout their dedication to create this geocache.” – SACTeam“Very, very, very good! Shoe-in for (at least) the top 3. Congratulations to the owner on the GREAT accomplishment and thanks for giving us the pleasure of enjoying this MAGNIFICENT cache.” – avilescosPhotos:A lucky geocacher with the logbook. Photo by geocacher Lusitana PaixãoYou’ve got the box, now how do you get it open? Photo by geocacher NarsaThe beginning of this geocache’s page. SharePrint RelatedConcrete floats! — Betonschiff Redentin (GC15D8C) — Geocache of the WeekDecember 4, 2013In “Community”Started from the bottom, now we’re here. — Roof of the World (GC9A9E) — Geocache of the WeekMay 22, 2013In “Community”Karst Mountain Topography — Yangshuo – GE9 — Geocache of the WeekNovember 5, 2015In “Geocache of the Week” What’s the most elaborate geocache you’ve ever found? Tell us in the comments.Continue to explore some of the most engaging geocaches around the globe. Check out all the Geocaches of the Week on the Geocaching blog. If you would like to nominate a Geocache of the Week, just fill out this form. Thanks!Share with your Friends:More Português
New Delhi, Nov 14 (PTI) Parvinder Chaudhary, an 18-year-old athlete who represented India at international level, committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan at the capital’s Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, prompting the Sports Authority of India to order a “departmental inquiry”. Chaudhary was found hanging from the ceiling fan in his hostel room at the athletics academy of JLN stadium. “We have ordered a departmental inquiry as the incident happened in our premises. The inquiry will be headed by Secretary SAI Swarn Singh Chabra and it should be completed within a week,” SAI Director General Neelam Kapur told PTI. Hailing from Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh, the athlete was brain dead by the time he was rushed to the Safdarjung Hospital, and could not be revived. Apparently, he took the extreme step after an argument with his father over monetary issues, the top SAI official said. His fellow trainees and staff at the stadium were shocked as the athlete showed no signs of depression while training through the day. Kapur said, “Preliminary it seems a family matter related to monetary issues. What we came to know is that the boy had an argument with his father in the morning on phone after which his sister came to meet him in evening. He took the step in front of his sister after threatening her. She came out screaming and our staff immediately went there and brought him down.” Parvinder, who was residing in room No.69 of JLN Stadium hostel since November 2016 and was training for 100 and 200 metre races, came back to his room at 5.30 in the evening and committed suicide half an hour later.advertisement “It is a very sad and tragic incident. We are extending all possible help to the family and have arranged for the transportation of his body to Aligarh. “Our officers will also accompany his body to ensure smooth conduct of his last rites.” Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, who is in Rajasthan, has been informed and he has expressed his grief on the incident. In 2017, he was selected for the Asian Youth Championship in Bangkok and won gold medal in relay. He also participated at the World Youth Championship last July. “He was alive when he was taken to Safdarjung but was brain dead and doctors couldn’t revive him. After initial treatment, he was taken to hospital half an hour later. He was in emergency,” another SAI official said. He added, “His room mate and all the trainees and staff at JLN stadium were completely surprised by his act as the entire day he trained and showed no signs of depression. “Nobody knows the reason why he took such a step. All top SAI officials are in Safdarjung just to ensure the postmortem is done at the earliest and body is handed over to his family at the earliest. It is now a police case and they will investigate into it.” PTI SSC AH
Man City boss Guardiola tells cheeky Ederson: Don’t change!by Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City boss Pep Guardiola was happy with a cheeky piece of play from Ederson during victory over Wolves.The Brazilian registered a clean sheet against Wolves during City’s 3-0 win at the Etihad, but it was a moment in the second half which grabbed the attention of the crowd…Ederson journeyed into midfield just minutes before full-time, passing a number of times coolly and calmly as ever.Speaking after the clash, Pep said: “I’m so pleased because he lives high on the pitch and defends with our back four.”(Adama) Traore is one of fastest payers I’ve ever seen in my life so handle the risk is not easy, our build-up was better and it is what it is.”We love Ederson the way he is!” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Prior to Sunday’s SEC Tournament championship game, Arkansas’ players did some trash talking to their opponent, Kentucky. They reportedly got in the Wildcats’ faces in a Bridgestone Arena tunnel and Razorbacks’ forward Bobby Portis said being able to play UK was like getting a wish granted. The fervor Arkansas’ players have for Kentucky is a feeling that is apparently replicated by the Wildcats’ players. Following his team’s victory against the Razorbacks, Kentucky junior center Willie Cauley-Stein said “we don’t like that team,” referencing Arkansas. Wow. Willie keeping it REAL. “We don’t like that team.” Said winning title was one thing, but they just wanted to beat “that team.”— Ashley Scoby (@AshleyScoby) March 15, 2015Willie Cauley-Stein after the game re: Arkansas, “Straight up, we don’t like that team.”— Brett Dawson (@BDawsonRivals) March 15, 2015Full WCS quote on not liking “that team” pic.twitter.com/EoGtkE2VTJ— Ashley Scoby (@AshleyScoby) March 15, 2015It’s not often that you see college basketball players openly discussing their dislike for another team, but we love it. Kentucky and Arkansas will learn their place in the NCAA Tournament at 6 p.m. E.T. on CBS.
Michigan arrived in Columbus not the least bit intimidated by the No. 1-ranked, undefeated Ohio State men’s basketball team. The Wolverines stood toe-to-toe with the Buckeyes for most of the game Thursday night, but despite trailing at halftime, OSU showed exactly how it’s managed the second-best start in program history. “Ohio State is really good,” Wolverine coach John Beilein said. “There’s a reason they’re undefeated.” On the shoulders of freshman Jared Sullinger’s 10th double-double of the season, OSU (23-0, 10-0 Big Ten) bested unranked but feisty Michigan (13-10, 3-7 Big Ten), 62-53. Sullinger played all 40 minutes, scoring 19 points and grabbing 15 rebounds to lead the Buckeyes to victory. OSU jumped out to a quick lead, beginning the game with a 7-0 run, but the Wolverines were in no mood to let the Buckeyes blow them out early. A 3-pointer from junior guard Zack Novak tied the game at 14-14 with 11:39 to go in the first half. Four minutes later, a jumper from junior guard Stu Douglass gave the Wolverines their first lead, 20-19. The Buckeyes regained the lead, but back-to-back Michigan buckets to close the half put OSU down, 26-23, at the break. It was just the fourth time all season the Buckeyes have been trailing at halftime, and they entered the locker room with 10 turnovers and shooting just 36 percent from the field. “That’s not Ohio State basketball,” freshman point guard Aaron Craft said of the Buckeyes’ offensive struggles in the first 20 minutes. “That’s not what we’ve been doing all year to get us in the position we’re at.” A basket from redshirt freshman forward Jordan Morgan gave the Wolverines a 30-24 lead early in the second half, but two 3-pointers from junior guard William Buford tied the game, 30-30, and ignited the sellout crowd at the Schottenstein Center. With his first points of the game, senior forward David Lighty gave the Buckeyes a two-point lead with just less than 14 minutes remaining. The Wolverines quickly tied it, but a 7-0 Buckeye run, capped with a Lighty free throw, gave OSU a 44-36 lead with 9:37 to go. Again, however, Michigan answered. Back-to-back 3-pointers from freshmen Evan Smotrycz and Tim Hardaway Jr. cut the Buckeye lead to two. But Sullinger’s eight points over the next five minutes fueled a 10-3 OSU run that gave the Buckeyes a 54-45 lead, their largest of the game to that point, with less than three minutes remaining. “In the second half we took our intensity to another level,” Sullinger said. “We know it’s Michigan, and we know they’re going to give us their best shot. On top of that it’s a rivalry, so we just had to take it to another level.” After struggling through the first half, OSU shot 54 percent from the field in the second, and ended the game on an 18-9 run to earn the nine-point victory. Buford finished with 13 points, including three 3-pointers. Lighty and senior guard Jon Diebler added nine points apiece. The win, despite the seemingly comfortable margin of victory, was yet another game that perhaps could have gone either way down the stretch. The close games, Buford said, are simply what comes with a No. 1 ranking and will only help the Buckeyes in the long run. “We know every team is going to come after us,” Buford said. “We’re the No. 1 team in the country. They’re giving us their best shot, and we’re taking people’s best punches right now so when we get to the tournament we’ll be prepared.” OSU coach Thad Matta is happy as long as his team keeps winning, regardless of how close the games are. “It’s amazing, and I keep saying this just looking across college basketball,” Matta said. “There are great players, there are great coaches and to be sitting here today 23-0 and 10-0 in the Big Ten is something else.” The Buckeyes travel to Minneapolis to play No. 18 Minnesota at 2 p.m. Sunday.
Everton U-23s manager David Unsworth has revealed his delight after an inexperienced U-23 team battled Brighton & Hove Albion U-23 team to a draw.The Toffees U-23 team played out an eventful 2-2 draw with the young Brighton team in the Premier League International cup opener.Unsworth promoted several players from the Everton U-18s team and they stood toe-to-toe with the high-flying young seagulls who are top of the Premier League 2 table.A penalty from Bassala Sambou gave Everton the lead before two quickfire goals from Ben Barclay and James Tilley turned the game in favour of Brighton.A goal from Ellis Simms who was promoted from the U-18s to the U-23s gave Unsworth’s team a well-deserved point and the manager revealed his delight at his team’s performance.I’m really proud of the players, although when you get in that position, you want to win the game,” he said, according to the club’s official website.Everton still keen on signing Juve’s Moise Kean Obinna Echi – July 28, 2019 Everton are still pushing for the signature of Juventus striker Moise Kean despite the Italian champions insisting they’d only sanction the deal with a…“Brighton played their strongest team tonight, while we gave a chance to some of the players that haven’t been playing.”“We also gave some of the Under-18s who have been playing well the opportunity to step up and produce a performance and they certainly did that.”“I’m delighted for Ellis Simms. He’s a great lad and he’s done a great job tonight. We wanted to give him an opportunity, he has been scoring a lot of goals last season and certainly this season.”“He does the hardest thing in the game, which is putting the ball in the back of the net. Kyle John had half a game and was very good – unfortunately he got a little injury – and Ryan Astley was absolutely magnificent at centre-back. Anthony Gordon did well, too.”“There were so many positives to take.”