US energy giant ExxonMobil said it will streamline its upstream organization and centralize project delivery across the company to support plans to double operating cash flow and earnings by 2025.The reorganization will be effective April 1 and involve the creation of three new upstream companies, ExxonMobil Upstream Oil & Gas Company, ExxonMobil Upstream Business Development Company and ExxonMobil Upstream Integrated Solutions Company.The ExxonMobil Upstream Oil & Gas Company will focus on end-to-end value chain management in five distinct global businesses, unconventional, liquefied natural gas, deepwater, heavy oil and conventional.ExxonMobil Upstream Business Development Company will oversee strategy development, exploration, acquisitions and divestments and actively manage an upstream portfolio that is considered the most attractive since the 1999 merger of Exxon and Mobil. Consolidation of upstream portfolio management efforts in one organization will further strengthen the company’s ability to optimize portfolio value.ExxonMobil Upstream Integrated Solutions Company will provide technical and specialized commercial skills, such as drilling, research & technology, gas and power market optimization, and the global deployment of resources.“We’re simplifying and integrating our upstream organization to better capitalize on the industry-leading portfolio we’ve assembled through acquisitions and exploration success in the U.S. Permian Basin, Guyana, Mozambique, Papua New Guinea and Brazil,” said Neil Chapman, senior vice president.The company said in a statement, that Liam Mallon, currently president of ExxonMobil Development Company, will become president of ExxonMobil Upstream Oil & Gas Company.Steve Greenlee, currently president of ExxonMobil Exploration Company, will become president of ExxonMobil Upstream Business Development Company.Linda DuCharme, currently president of ExxonMobil Global Services Company, will become president of ExxonMobil Upstream Integrated Solutions Company.The company’s project-delivery capability will be enhanced through a single organization, ExxonMobil Global Projects Company, which will centralize major capital project planning and execution expertise into a single organization that will support all three business segments, upstream, downstream and chemical.Neil Duffin, currently president of ExxonMobil Production Company, will become president of ExxonMobil Global Projects Company.As part of the company’s annual presentation to investment analysts in March 2018, ExxonMobil outlined a growth strategy to increase earnings by more than 100 percent to $31 billion by 2025 at constant 2017 prices.Investments outlined during the annual investor presentation, across all three segments of ExxonMobil’s business – upstream, downstream, and chemical – will generate double-digit rates of return.
The coronavirus pandemic has practically paralysed the ship demolition market in South Asia as lockdown measures continue to be introduced across the subcontinent.Pakistan suspended all beaching and boarding of vessels at Gadani ship recycling yards last week for a minimum period of four weeks. All ship recyclers have been instructed to strictly comply with these latest orders.India has also ordered a suspension of recycling for all ships arriving at Alang whose last port departure was after March 13.Those that departed a port earlier than March 13, will be allowed to arrive at Alang, however, foreign crews will be subject to a quarantine of 14 days at the port of arrival at Alang.Cash buyer of ships for recycling GMS said that several ships have been detained at Alang anchorage this week, with authorities refusing to provide anchoring permissions.Even those with Indian crew on board are going through rigorous medical checks, questioning, and procedures, before being allowed entry.“As Pakistan and India close their doors on all foreign ships arriving (with India also canceling all international flights), the reality is that subcontinent recycling locations will remain quiet as long as the coronavirus crisis persists,” GMS said in its weekly market review.“Global government efforts and the ongoing focus remains on fighting this virulent pandemic, and whilst shipping markets continue to struggle – this is certainly the least of the international communities’ concerns at present.”It is no surprise that there is a lack of activity given the current market situation, however, interest from some buyers to acquire tonnage remains, Clarksons Platou Shipbroking said in its report last week.“Several capesize bulkers continue to be discussed in the arena, but confidence from the cash buyers may restrict numbers placed on the negotiating tables. The market is not flush of cash buyers, several are reportedly facing difficulties with cash flow positions, and there is certainly more strain on those cash buyers active in the current climate.”Clarksons added that with many ports adopting new restrictions, more owners will seek the ‘as is’ deal to avoid the last voyage to the recycling destinations – therefore it will be on the shoulders of the cash buyer to carry the burden of how they would dispose of the unit at a later stage.The only subcontinent location that remains open at present is Bangladesh with several deals concluded this week, according to GMS, as owners scramble to finalize deals before an almost total global lockdown is eventually enforced.Finally, Turkey is also expected to follow suit with the suspension of activities as vessels start to be turned away from Aliaga and reports of deals failing start to emerge, GMS believes.“As European markets grind to a halt and a non-essential travel bans come into effect at various EU countries, it’s only a matter of time until Turkey follows suit. As such, this unintended closure, should it come into effect, may just be what the doctor ordered, given this markets plummet this week,” the cash buyer said.
SUNMAN, Ind. – Some Duke Energy customers in Sunman lost electricity during the storms on Monday night. The company says there are approximately 23 locations currently without power. The households are in the area of N. Spades Road and E. County Road 1300 N. Showers and storms are moving through the region tonight with a low temperature of 48 degrees. The National Weather Service says some storms could be accompanied by winds and some hail. More rain is expected Tuesday in the early morning hours and after daybreak.
Robert P. Crowell, age 76 of Batesville, died Saturday, November 11, 2017 at Margaret Mary Health. Born February 7, 1941 in Chicago, Illinois, he is the son of Ruth (Nee: Steele) and Cecil Crowell. He married Linda Pactwa August 3, 1963 at St. Paul’s Church in Hammond, Indiana. Bob taught Industrial Arts and Drafting for 33 years before retiring. His first two years were at Sunman and his last 31 in Batesville. He enjoyed working with young people. He started the Coonhunters Junior Conservation Club, worked on many projects with students through the Rural Alliance for the Arts, coached the high school track and cross country teams for 10 years and had a program similar to Junior Achievement in which his students would create a business, manufacture a product and sell it to the public.Other interests included being a member of the Tri-County Harmonizers Barbara Shop Quartet, a former member of the Coonhunters small bore rifle team and re-furbishing and re-finishing antiques with Linda. They also owned and operated the Safari Camp Ground for 16 years. Bob collect gas memorabilia and loved to collect and restore antique steam and gas engine tractors. A member of the Pioneer Engineers Club of Rushville, he had articles published in 23 magazines on the subject.Another love of Bob’s was cars. Over the years he owned several collectable cars and was a member of the Corvair Club of Indianapolis, the Corvair Club of Cincinnati, Vintage T-Bird Club of Indianapolis, the Ford Model T Club of America, the Ford Model T Club of Indianapolis, and the Hoosier Hills Car Club.Bob is survived by his wife Linda; daughter Patricia Crowell-Gentles of Lambertville, New Jersey; brother James Crowell of Valparaiso, Indiana as well as numerous nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents. Visitation is Wednesday, November 15th, from 4 – 7 p.m. at the Weigel Funeral Home. Funeral services are 10 a.m. Thursday, November 16th, at the Batesville United Methodist Church with Rev. Chris Renick and Rev. Charles Flory officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. The family requests memorials to Safe Passage.
A new campaign is being launched to warn of the dangers of fans using flares and smoke bombs after it was revealed children as young as eight have been used as ‘mules’ to smuggle pyrotechnic devices into football grounds. “This campaign clearly sets out the dangers of flares and smoke bombs. I want to see the courts taking this problem seriously and dealing in the strongest way possible with fans who still illegally smuggle pyrotechnics into football grounds.” Nine people have been injured or burned by fireworks thrown at grounds in England in the last 18 months. Last month a Manchester United fan who set off a smoke bomb during Sir Alex Ferguson’s last game in charge, against West Brom, was given a suspended two-month jail term and banned from any football grounds for three years. In February, two Chelsea fans were jailed for 28 days and given six-year football banning orders for taking smoke bombs into the Liberty Stadium for a match versus Swansea. Fans will be reminded that fireworks are illegal at matches, carrying the risk of possible jail sentences, and warned of the dangers – last season a 15-year-old boy suffered lung damage from a smoke bomb thrown at Wigan, while in February a 14-year-old boy was killed by a flare thrown by fans during a South American Libertadores Cup match in Bolivia. The Premier League said in a statement: “A disturbing element of increased pyrotechnics has been the involvement of children. “It is not uncommon for ‘mules’ to bring the pyrotechnics into a ground on behalf of others, and in one incident at a Premier League match last season a child aged around eight was observed aiding those involved in pyrotechnic use. “The child came into the ground with pyrotechnics in his rucksack and was then seen passing them to members of an adult group who let them off inside the ground.” New research has found that one third of fans have been affected by pyrotechnics, 87 per cent believe they are dangerous and 78 per cent say they want more action taken against users. Fireworks have always been viewed as a European phenomenon but they have become a growing problem in English football with eight incidents in the 2010/11 season, 72 in 2011/12 and so far this season 96 incidents. Policing minister Damian Green said: “Football fans might see images of football grounds in other parts of Europe full of smoke and light caused by pyrotechnic devices and think that they create a good atmosphere – but they do not. “Flares are very dangerous and can cause severe injuries. We are very lucky that no one has been seriously injured or killed by a flare here for a long time. The campaign by the Premier League, Football League and the FA comes after a growth in the number of incidents – including a linesman being struck by a firework at Aston Villa in October. Concerns have intensified after CCTV at one Premier League ground caught a young boy handing out fireworks to adults from his rucksack. Press Association
A Delray Beach man is behind bars, after kicking his wife in front of Fire Rescue responders after she had fallen to the groundAccording to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, 65-year-old Jesse Skinner asked Fire Rescue to take his wife to the hospital after she fell inside their home.When firefighters told him a trip to the hospital was unnecessary, Skinner kicked his wife in the head and the back several times saying, “now she needs to go to the hospital,” the arrest report states.Skinner told deputies that he kicked his wife because he wants her out of the home, and because he loves her and would do anything for her.He is charged with domestic battery.
(REUTERS)-Former Romanian tennis player Ilie Nastase will not be given accreditation for this year’s French Open tennis, organisers said on Saturday.The 70-year-old is provisionally banned from all International Tennis Federation (ITF) events after making allegedly racist and sexist comments during Romania’s Fed Cup tie against Britain last month.“Following the decision of his suspension by the @ITF_Tennis, Mr. Ilie Nastase won’t be accredited for #RG17,” French Open organisers said on Twitter.Nastase, who courted controversy throughout his career during which he won the U.S. and French Opens, is also not welcome at this year’s Wimbledon championships.Romania’s Fed Cup captain was booted out of the tie against Britain last month for “unsportsmanlike” behavior.The singles rubber between Britain’s Johanna Konta and Sorana Cirstea was briefly suspended after remarks made by Nastase to Konta and British team captain Anne Keothavong.Nastase had already run into trouble during the World Group playoff tie in Constanta after making a derogatory comment about the unborn child of American Serena Williams, the 23-times grand slam singles champion.
HAMILTON, Bermuda, (CMC) – Bermuda have been crowned Caribbean champions for the first time in seven years after beating Guadeloupe 33-10 in the Rugby Americas North Championship final at the National Sports Centre’s North Field here on Saturday.Bermuda led 14-0 at the break but then came under pressure as Guadeloupe reduced the deficit to four points with a penalty and a converted try before the home side forged clear again.Alex Brown, who opened the scoring in the first minute, and Jamie Baum each scored two tries for Bermuda, who were also awarded a second-half penalty try.Dan Cole converted four of the tries as Bermuda regained the title they last won when they beat Guyana 18-0 here in 2012.Yann Guenec opened Guadeloupe’s account with a 52nd minute penalty and Alexandre Dagorn scored a try after stealing the ball on the halfway line, Guenec converting to reduce Bermuda’s lead to a slender four points.But the pressure was lifted when Bermuda were awarded a 64th-minute penalty try.Bermuda’s head coach Jamie Barnwell, who took over the post in January, was delighted with the victory.“We set ourselves this goal in January and to get across the line is fantastic. The boys have done a great job and so obviously we’re all very happy with that,” he said.“This is a really important milestone for the team. There wasn’t any space for us not to win, we had to get a result to continue the trajectory we’ve been on and the boys did just that, it’s been a great team effort.Bermuda began their campaign with a 43-14 win over Jamaica in their opener here in March.Barnwell’s side had expected a daunting trip to Guyana, who were highly fancied to overcome Guadeloupe in their respective regional encounter.However, with Guyana suffering a shock 19-5 defeat, Bermuda were handed the major boost of home advantage for Saturday’s final.
Buglar appealed his sending off but the central Hearings Committee found that evidence provided was not sufficiently compelling to rebut the referee’s report. The statement goes on to say “As this represented a repeat Infraction, the Committee imposed a two match suspension in the same code and at the same level”.Clare are away to Kilkenny on Sunday knowing a win could potentially see them into the quarter finals but a defeat will condemn them to a relegation play off against the Cats. Clare can still secure their Division IA status this weekend.Davy Fitzgerald’s side must beat Kilkenny and hope Galway beat Dublin. If those two results unfold, it will be Dublin versus Kilkenny in the relegation play-off.