Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Calder added that experiments were being conducted to determine whether chanting and singing at stadiums might lead to a greater risk of virus transmission.”Now if there is no massive droplet spread we can keep within the social distancing that we’ve put down for … the Crucible and The Oval,” he said.”But if it is a problem, then we need to rethink the social distancing within the stadia, and that becomes very difficult.” Sporting venues in England are unlikely to get the green light to fill to capacity this year and the entire 2020-21 Premier League season could be played in front of reduced crowds, a senior government adviser has said.The British government announced plans this month to allow spectators at selected trial events to ‘stress test’ new guidelines.Cricket was the first sport to bring back spectators, with 1,000 fans watching a friendly between Surrey and Middlesex at The Oval on Sunday. The World Snooker Championship at the Crucible and the Goodwood horse racing festival are also pilot events. “I would be very surprised if we could get full stadia back this year,” James Calder, who was part of the cross-sport working group with government and health officials that laid down protocols on the return of sports, told the BBC.”Realistically I think it probably will need a vaccine and also a high take-up rate of that vaccine before we can really see full capacity stadia.”Calder said it was possible the new soccer season might be played in front of reduced capacities.”I think realistically we will be under scrutiny for the next year … and probably for the rest of the season,” he added. Topics :
ST JOHN’S, Antigua, June 11, CMC — A huge fire swept through a hangar of regional carrier LIAT which is based at Antigua’s international airport, late on Sunday night and into early Monday, destroying one of the airline’s planes and briefly suspending flights at Coolidge, just east of here. But the airline said it expected all flights to operate normally on Monday from the VC Bird International Airport, which is also the main hub of its 21-destination network.It said the hangar was unoccupied at the time and no one was hurt in the explosion.“It is expected at this time that all flights will operate normally today (Monday),” LIAT spokesman Desmond Brown said in an update issued at 2.15 am. “A further update will be given at 10 am.”Residents in the area told the Caribbean Media Corporation they heard several explosions shortly before 10.30 pm (0230 GMT Monday) and saw smoke billowing from the facility, located at the airport’s eastern edge.It took more than three hours for firefighters and tenders from the airport and from stations around the island to contain the dangerous fire, as explosions continued to ring through the gutted hangar.Observer Radio, which is located at Coolidge Industrial Park just north of the airport, reported firefighters had been hampered by strong winds as they fought the blaze.Brown said the fire broke out in Hangar Number One, which sits adjacent to the runway, destroying the facility and the aircraft it housed, together with two office buildings. But he said neighbouring offices and the airline’s cargo facilities were not affected.The hangar, which sits on the site of LIAT’s original headquarters complex, is used for the maintenance of the airline’s fleet of 18 Canadian-made Bombardier Q-400 and deHavilland Dash-8 aircraft. The airline’s administrative office had shifted to another part of the airport.The destroyed plane, registration V2-LGH, is, at 21 years and three months, the oldest of three Dash-8s still in LIAT’s fleet. The plane was undergoing a routine maintenance check at the time, according to radio reports.“The company is working with the investigative authorities of Antigua and Barbuda as well as the Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority (ECCAA) to ascertain the cause of the fire,” the airline spokesman said in a statement.Most flights in LIAT’s network fan out in the early morning hours from LIAT hubs at Antigua’s VC Bird and Barbados’ Grantley Adams airports.The raging fire forced the Antigua and Barbuda Airport Authority to suspend operations at VC Bird until firefighters had managed to put it out and an initial assessment could be carried out.But Brown said the airport was expected to open later in the morning.The airline issued a public announcement it was calling out staff at Buildings One, Two, Three and Four at the LIAT Hangar to report the company’s Sealy Building head office at 8 am Monday.The fire comes as a blow to the 56-year-old island-hopping carrier, owned by the governments of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados and St Vincent and the Grenadines, which has been saddled with financial and industrial relations problems over the years.Nation News 8 Views no discussions Share Sharing is caring! Tweet NewsRegional LIAT resumes normal flights by: – June 11, 2012 Share Share
Loading… Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is set to continue his policy of selling squad players ahead of the 2020-21 La Liga campaign. Brahim Diaz has already joined Serie A side AC Milan on a season long loan, with James Rodriguez set to join Everton in the coming days. However, as per the front page of Saturday’s edition of Diario AS, Zidane is aiming to raise up to €100m by offloading Gareth Bale, Sergio Reguilon, Mariano Diaz and Borja Mayoral. Reguilon has been linked with a move to Premier League side Manchester United, after returning from a season long loan spell at Sevilla in 2019-20. Diaz has been lined up to join Benfica on a 12 month loan, with Mayoral previously linked with Valencia, after spending the last two seasons on loan at Levante.Advertisement Read Also: Real Madrid deny splashing €160m to sign Hazard from Chelsea Bale’s future remains the most complex issue for Zidane to resolve in the coming weeks, with his agent Jonathan Barnett to discuss the Welshman’s future with Florentino Perez next week. The 31-year old still has two years to run on his current contract at the Santiago Bernabeu, however, Los Blancos are rumoured to be edging closer to allowing him to leave on a free transfer. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content15 Photos Of Amazingly Beautiful MutationsBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Mesmerizing Facts About Hypnosis11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?The Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her Grandson6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise You
According to her arrest report, Mingbi was captured on video performing illegal sex acts on at least a half dozen other men.Mingbi is facing several charges including offering to commit prostitution and deriving support from prostitution.She appeared in Palm Beach County court Tuesday morning.One of two women, who Jupiter Police say provided sex acts to New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, appears in court. @KChapmanCBS12 has the latest at noon. https://t.co/M2AZuMfGjK pic.twitter.com/naBJj3sod0— WPEC CBS12 News (@CBS12) April 23, 2019 The Jupiter day spa worker accused of performing an illegal sex act on New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is under arrest.58-year-old Shen Mingbi was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on Monday.According to the Jupiter Police Department, a hidden surveillance camera recorded Mingbi performing a sex act on Kraft at Orchids of Asia Day spa on Jan. 19. Afterward, he paid her and another spa worker, 39-year-old Lei Wang, in cash, police said.And prosecutors say they have the video to prove it and want a judge to make it public later this week.#BREAKING: Spa worker accused of performing sex act on Robert Kraft, others, arrested https://t.co/buABrD5Q4D pic.twitter.com/NKGyIu32Gl— WPTV (@WPTV) April 23, 2019 It is unclear if prosecutors are trying to flip Mingbi and have her testify against Kraft who has plead not guilty to misdemeanor solicitation charges and demanded a jury trial.
He shot 71 net to upset the field that paraded more than 150 golfers at the one day competition, D. Mayer and S. Camatel finished in second and third spots respectively at the event. They returned 73 and 74 respectively at the charity event.This year’s tournament was heavily backed by an impressive lineup of individual and corporate donors/sponsors including; PricewaterhouseCoopers, Diamond Bank Plc, ARM Pension Managers, Radial Circle Group, Zenith Bank Plc, Providus Bank, Channels Television, Silverbird Television, Grand OAK, Cappa & D’Alberto, SPAR (Park N’ Shop), ExxonMobil, Fidelity Bank Plc, Victoria Crown Plaza, LG Electronics, Ikoyi Club 1938, Raddisson Hotel, and many more.Chairman DOAM Board of Trustee, Professor Obinna Chukwu said, the foundation has been with highest corporate governance in place to help put funds donated to judicious use.“We have reached over 79, 000 people in nine years of operation, and with support of donors and sponsors we hope to raise the bar for number of indigents we reach this year” he added.In the ladies category, Angela Adegboyega set the pace with 73 net score leaving N. Moka and Julianan Allangenyi to the pick the second and third place respectively.Peter Ebe-Spiff won the men’s gross prize while Rita Okafor won the ladies gross and Wahab Feshitan shot 76 net to pick the veteran’s prize.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Twenty-handicapper, Tony Okwoju at the weekend won the 2019 Daniel Ogechi Akujobi Memorial Golf Championship concluded at the Golf Section of Ikoyi Club 1938 in Lagos.Speaking at the prize presentation ceremony, Okwoju said the win was very emotional for him as he has followed the charity event since inception and has been a great supporter of the course the DOAM Foundation was set up to do.“It is interesting that things came together like this for me. I have always believed in the cause that this foundation was set up and I am one of the biggest campaigners for support for it. It is emotional for me to have this win” he said.
The festive meeting continued at Limerick today.Today’s returns….12.35 – won by no.6 Vercingetorix 4/5f1.05 – won by no.5 Dromnea 10/31.35 – won by no.6 Character Actor 12/12.05 – won by no.1 Kitten Rock 4/5 f2.35 – won by no.9 The Mad Well 8/13.05 – won by no.2 Don Vincenzo 10/13.35 – won by no.5 Ryback Jack 8/1 The eagerly anticipated race was won by Road To Riches at a price of 4/1 and trained by Noel Meade. On His Own (14-1) was second and Sam Winner (7-1) third.Lieutenant Colonel won the Grade One Christmas Hurdle for Sandra Hughes. The 4-to-1 shot came home 3-quarters of a length ahead of Jessica Harrington’s ‘Jetson’. Today’s results…12.20 – won by no.3 Identity Thief 7/412.50 – won by no.15 Usuel Smurfer 20/11.20 – won by no.4 Le Vent D’Antan 7/4 f1.50 – won by no.Lieutenant Colonel 4/12.20 – won by no.4 Shemshal 4/1 f2.55 – won by no.8, Road To Riches 4/13.25 – won by no.5 Up For Review 9/10 f
A long-time captain of Tango from East Sarajevo and current coach of that club, Mirko Čampara, received a new engagement in the futsal national team of Bosnia and Herzegovina.Following the resignation of Ivan Stanković from the position of assistant coach in the technical staff of Ivo Krezo, the FF BH Executive Board confirmed at its 45th session the proposal of the FA RS and appointed Čampara to that position.“I am honoured to have been appointed as the assistant coach in the futsal team. I am grateful to all who have given me confidence. The first thing I noticed upon arriving at the futsal team was the great atmosphere that prevails among the players, the technical staff and other people who work with the futsal team, so I had no difficulties to fit in”, says Čampara.This young expert is pleased with the game of the futsal team in qualifications for the 2022 EURO:“The results in the first two rounds are really impressive, especially considering that the team first came together in this squad. I believe we are well on our way to achieving good results with one rejuvenated team.”Čampara expects 3 points in tomorrow’s match with Switzerland:“The Swiss play worse than last year, when they also participated in the tournament in Zenica. They showed it at a match with Cyprus yesterday, when they were defeated convincingly. Of course, we will not underestimate them. We are maximally entering tomorrow’s match and I believe we will have no problems.”Mirko Čampara looks optimistically at the future of the futsal team:“We will work more on playing the team in the next period. There are more experienced players out of this tournament due to injuries. We all hope that this generation can achieve to qualify for the big competition. We have a long way to go, but we believe we have the quality to achieve our goals.”
The Astros’ sign-stealing scandal has made huge waves in MLB in recent weeks as players continue to criticize commissioner Rob Manfred and the way he handled the situation. The story’s reached the point that players in other sports are taking notice, with NBA superstar LeBron James weighing in via Twitter on Tuesday. Even Mike Trout, the game’s brightest, albeit often dullest and least quotable star, voiced displeasure over the lack of punishment for the Houston players.”I don’t agree with the punishments, the players not getting anything,” Trout said. “It was a player-driven thing. It sucks, too, because guys’ careers have been affected, a lot of people lost jobs. It was tough.”And now the controversy has caught the attention of the NBA’s most well-known player. Manfred’s made it a point of emphasis to bring more attention to the game of baseball, but this likely isn’t what he had in mind, and it seems like it’s going to keep coming for the foreseeable future. Listen I know I don’t play baseball but I am in Sports and I know if someone cheated me out of winning the title and I found out about it I would be F*^king irate! I mean like uncontrollable about what I would/could do! Listen here baseball commissioner listen to your…..— LeBron James (@KingJames) February 18, 2020players speaking today about how disgusted, mad, hurt, broken, etc etc about this. Literally the ball(⚾️) is in your court(or should I say field) and you need to fix this for the sake of Sports! #JustMyThoughtsComingFromASportsJunkieRegardlessMyOwnSportIPlay— LeBron James (@KingJames) February 18, 2020The Astros, of course, won the World Series in 2017, a season they cheated by relaying signs through trashcan banging and other means. MLB punished members of the club’s front office and docked draft picks, but players were not reprimanded nor was their championship stripped. James’ comments are more negative publicity for Manfred, who has become an unpopular MLB figure amid this scandal. Earlier this week, Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner went took on Manfred by name after the commissioner referenced the Astros’ 2017 World Series trophy — which is called the Commissioner’s Trophy — as “a piece of metal.”“Calling the World Series trophy a piece of metal,…..the only thing devaluing that trophy is that it says commissioner on it,” Justin Turner to me today about the MLB Astros cheating crisis and Ron Manfred’s explanation. #Dodgers pic.twitter.com/Sq3XHWE8W6— Liz Habib (@LizHabib) February 17, 2020MORE: MLB players rip Astros over sign-stealing scandalAtlanta Braves veteran outfielder Nick Markakis, who’s long been one of baseball’s quietest players, didn’t hold back his frustration.“To see something like that, it’s damaging to baseball. It’s anger. I feel like every single guy over there needs a beating,” Markakis told reporters Tuesday morning as he reported to spring training.“I know as players we do not agree with what they did. We don’t stand behind them and never will we support them for their actions. I think they got off pretty easy. They are going to be able to go out there and compete with no ramifications at all,” Markakis said of the lack of punishment for players. “I think the commissioner completely handed it the wrong way, but that’s the way he did it. That’s the way we got to live with it. I know a lot of people disagree with him. The way he handled the situation he should be embarrassed of himself.”
WASHINGTON — Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley is doing his best to straddle a very thin line as to whether President Trump’s tweet on Sunday about four Democratic women in Congress was racist.Grassley was asked about the president’s tweet, which said the four black, Muslim or Hispanic women should “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.” Grassley did not specifically call the comment racist, but did address the topic.“Racism is wrong,” Grassley says. “I think the American people deserve more civility in their politics. I hope I promote civility. If I haven’t, I ought to be called out for it.” Democrats in the U.S. House say they’ll pass a resolution condemning the president’s tweet as racist.Grassley, a Republican, is remaining on the fence. “Democratic elected officials should avoid name-calling,” Grassley says. “Everybody ought to be treated respectfully. That’s true of these members of Congress and that’s true of the president.”Reports say Iowa’s other U.S. Senator, Republican Joni Ernst, when asked Monday if she thought Trump’s comment was racist, said, “Yeah, I do.” Later, Ernst was asked by a CNN reporter to repeat her statement as to whether the comment was racist. She responded, “Uh, yeah. They’re American citizens,” and called the president’s comment “not constructive” and “not helpful.”The president’s tweet targeted New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Minnesota Representative Ilhan Omar, Michigan Representative Rashida Tlaib and Representative Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts. Omar is the only one of the four who was born outside the U-S. She came here as a refugee from Somalia as a child.