Mets Announce New Update On Tim Tebow

first_imgTim Tebow staring into the distance.PEORIA, AZ – OCTOBER 13: Tim Tebow #15 (New York Mets) of the Scottsdale Scorpions watches from the dugout during the Arizona Fall League game against the Peoria Javelinas at Peoria Stadium on October 13, 2016 in Peoria, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)The New York Mets announced this evening a major update on the future of Tim Tebow’s baseball career.The former star quarterback-turned-minor leaguer has been invited to major league spring training.Spring training starts in a little more than a month.Tim Tebow officially invited to @Mets Major League camp this spring, per team announcement today. @MLBNetwork @MLB— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) January 17, 2019Tebow, 31, was one of several New York Mets’ prospects who received the invite to major league spring training.We’ve invited 13 additional players to Major League #SpringTraining. #Mets pic.twitter.com/p2jAYXTY7N— New York Mets (@Mets) January 17, 2019Mets’ management has been high on Tebow since his arrival into the franchise’s farm system.New York’s new general manager, Brodie Van Wagenen,  said after he was hired that Tebow would begin his 2019 season at the AAA level, meaning he’s just one step away from the major leagues.“If Tim Tebow is the best offensive player in Triple-A at that point, he’s going to be in (manager Mickey Callaway’s) lineup,” Van Wagenen said in November.Tebow hit 273 with six home runs and 36 RBI in 84 games in 2018 for Class AA Binghamton last season. His season was cut short due to a season-ending injury in July, suffering a broken bone.It’s been a busy offseason for Tebow, who got engaged to his girlfriend earlier this month.“Thank you for saying YES and making me the happiest man in the world. You’re the love of my life, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you,” he wrote.It’s looking like 2019 could be a huge year for the former Heisman Trophy winner.last_img read more

See More

Old is gold: Chis Gayle, Harbhajan Singh star in first round of IPL 2019

first_imgOther Galleries 4 images Sat, 12 Oct, 2019 Free Fire India Today League: Team Nawabzade win final and Rs 8.5 Lakh 4 images Thu, 10 Oct, 2019 IND vs SA, 2nd Test: Mayank Agarwal hundred put India on top on Day 1Other Photogallery CategoriesIndiaMoviesLifestyleTelevisionAdd new comment Your name * E-mail * The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly. Comment *More information about text formatsPlain textNo HTML tags allowed.Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.Lines and paragraphs break automatically.647×363: 483×271: 370×208: 170×96: 88×50: Section: PhotoSportsIPL 2019Gallery Image: Image: Credit/Source: IPL PhotoCaption: Chris Gayle of KXIP won the man-of-the-match award sa he lead with a 47-ball 79 against Rajasthan RoyalsSyndication: SyndicationThumb Image: Enable: EnableOrder: 0Image: Credit/Source: IPL PhotoCaption: Harbhajan Singh won the man-of-the-match award after dismissing Virat Kohli, Moeen Ali and AB de VilliersSyndication: SyndicationThumb Image: Enable: EnableOrder: 0Image: Credit/Source: IPL PhotoCaption: Imran Tahir also picked up 3 wickets in CSK’s opening match against Royal Challengers BangaloreSyndication: SyndicationThumb Image: Enable: EnableOrder: 0Image: Credit/Source: IPL PhotoCaption: Yuvraj Singh starred for Mumbai Indians and scored a 35-ball 53 against his former team DelhiSyndication: SyndicationThumb Image: Enable: EnableOrder: 0Tags: Chris GayleHarbhajan SinghImran TahirYuvraj SinghIPL 2019Source type: photogallerySocial media integration: Facebook Instant ArticleShort description: Harbhajan Singh (38), Yuvraj Singh (37), Chris Gayle (39) and Imran Tahir (39) have been the star performers for their teams in the 2019 Indian Premier League so farSyndicate: YesPreview_unique_id: preview_5c9a30d4822e71553608916_1487047_editCommentContent Publish date: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 – 19:30Story Extra Data: eyJzZWN0aW9uIjpbIjEyMDg1MjEiLCIxMjA2NTUwIl0sImNhdGVnb3J5IjpbIjE4MDQwNTIiXSwic3ViX2NhdGVnb3J5IjpudWxsLCJzdWJfc3ViX2NhdGVnb3J5IjpudWxsLCJzdWJfc3ViX3N1Yl9jYXRlZ29yeSI6bnVsbCwicHJpbWFyeV9jYXRlZ29yeSI6IjEyMDY1NTAifQ==770×433: Short Headline: Old is gold: Chis Gayle, Harbhajan Singh star in first round of IPL 2019App headline: Old is gold: Chis Gayle, Harbhajan Singh star in first round of IPL 2019last_img read more

See More

Oxford Family Donates Tree for Boston

first_imgNova Scotia’s annual Christmas tree gift to Boston is coming from Cumberland County for the first time. Ross McKellar and Teresa Simpson from Oxford are donating the 14 metre (46 foot) white spruce that will soon begin its 1,100 kilometre journey to Boston. The tree is given as part of the annual thank you to Boston for sending medical personnel and supplies when nearly 2,000 people were killed and hundreds more were left injured and homeless by the Halifax Explosion. “The Tree for Boston is one of our proudest traditions as we honour the kindness Boston showed us in our time of need,” said Lands and Forestry Minister Iain Rankin. “This year, we will mark the 101st anniversary of the Halifax Explosion at the Boston Tree Lighting on Nov.29.” The tree will be celebrated at a public cutting ceremony at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 15. Students from the Oxford Regional Education Centre will attend the ceremony to learn about the Halifax Explosion. After the ceremony, the tree will stop in Truro and Halifax. The tree will be on public display at the Rath Eastlink Community Centre in Truro, on Nov. 15, at 2 p.m. There will be a public farewell at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 16 at Grand Parade in downtown Halifax. The tree will also appear in the Chronicle Herald Holiday Parade of Lights on Saturday, Nov. 17. For more information and important dates regarding the Tree for Boston, visit http://www.novascotia.ca/treeforboston and follow Tree for Boston on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.last_img read more

See More