Nigeria eyes Chelsea youngster Ike Ugbo

first_imgRelatedPosts Mane double eases Liverpool to win over 10-man Chelsea EPL: Chelsea, Liverpool in cagey duel Chelsea sink Brighton to make winning start Chelsea youngster Ike Ugbo has become the latest England prospect to be targeted by Nigeria.Nigeria have been running the rule over 21-year-old hotshot Ugbo who has caught the eye after making a prolific start to his loan spell at Roda JC this season.Ugbo scored his fifth goal in just eight appearances, six of which have been starts, for the Dutch side at Telstar on Friday night and Nigeria had officials at the game to watch him having stepped up their interest.Striker Ugbo was born in Lewisham, south London and is eligible for Nigeria through his parents.He has played for England at under-17 and under-20 level, helping the latter squad win the 2017 Toulon Tournament.Nigeria were dealt a blow last week when Ugbo’s Stamford Bridge teammate Tammy Abraham was recalled to the England squad when they were hoping to persuade him to switch allegiance.The Premier League’s joint top scorer Abraham has featured twice for England in friendlies against Germany and Brazil but will not be tied down until he earns a competitive cap, which could come in either of the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Czech Republic or Bulgaria.Nigeria’s attempts to swoop for eligible youngsters with dual nationality show no sign of slowing down and could now continue with Ugbo, having recently persuaded the likes of Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina and Chuba Akpom, who all represented England at youth level, to make the switch.Ugbo has shown admirable maturity by refusing to let a bizarre pay dispute disrupt his scoring form and is determined to continue making his mark in Holland. Tags: ChelseaIke UgboTelstarlast_img read more

See More

Tyson Fury calls Anthony Joshua a ‘disgrace’ following loss to ‘little fat guy’ Andy Ruiz Jr.

first_imgFury also said before the fight started, he could tell Joshua was going to get knocked out. And he believes a rematch will end in the same fate.”From round one I could see what was going to happen,” Fury said. “I looked at Joshua and he didn’t have no water, no sweat walking into the ring, I thought this guys is going to get knocked out. … (Joshua’s) style and (Ruiz Jr.’s) style — they’re not made to go together. Andy will always beat AJ in my opinion.”Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn has said a rematch against Ruiz is on the way, with a date and location to be determined. Ruiz has said he’d “love” to fight in Mexico, but said on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” Tuesday night he’s willing to fight anywhere, including the U.K. where Joshua is from. Tyson Fury had a lot to say about Andy Ruiz Jr.’s shocking upset over Anthony Joshua from the past weekend.The heavyweight fighter was asked about the bout on ESPN Radio and was very critical towards Joshua while not offering much praise for Ruiz. His comments were interesting, because after the fight, Fury seemed to offer some words of comfort towards Joshua on social media. We have our back and Forth’s but @anthonyfjoshua changed his stars through life. heavyweight boxing, these things happen, rest up, recover, regroup and come again 👊🏼— TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) June 2, 2019Join DAZN and watch GGG-Rolls: Sign up in U.S. But his tone in his interview with ESPN was much different.”He’s done very well in his life and career,” Fury said of Joshua. “He’s definitely done well but everybody bumps into that one person who can knock them out any time and unfortunately for AJ it was a little fat fella from California who chinned him. And he’ll never live it down. Can you imagine? You’re built like an Adonis, you’re six foot six [inches], you’re ripped, carved in stone, and a little fat guy who has eaten every Snickers and Mars bar in the whole of California comes in there and bladders you all over? What a disgrace. If that was me, I’d never show my face in public ever again.”last_img read more

See More

Raheem Sterling latest: No new Man City bid as Liverpool star misses training again

first_img1 Raheem Sterling has failed to turn up for Liverpool training for a second successive day as the saga over his future rumbles on.The attacking starlet, the subject of two failed bids from Manchester City, cited sickness for his no-show on Wednesday.That came after he informed Brendan Rodgers he does not want to travel on the club’s pre-season tour to south-east Asia and Australia.And the 20-year-old was again absent from training on Thursday as he continues to try and engineer an exit from Anfield.Liverpool have made it clear they expect Sterling to be on their trip to the Far East, which begins on Sunday, after knocking back bids of £35m and £40m from City for his signature.But the England international appears determined to force a move away this summer, and City are weighing up an increased offer. Raheem Sterling last_img read more

See More