Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Help Northumberland County Eliminate Blight

first_imgGovernor Wolf Announces Funding to Help Northumberland County Eliminate Blight August 03, 2018 SHARE Email Facebook Twittercenter_img Economy,  Infrastructure,  Press Release Harrisburg, PA – Today, Governor Tom Wolf announced new funding to eliminate blight in municipalities across Northumberland County, revitalizing communities and bringing the potential for further economic development in the area.“Strong communities help to build a strong economy and my administration is committed to addressing blight and has invested in community redevelopment that enhances this goal,” said Governor Wolf. “Northumberland County has developed a unique blight elimination strategy. This investment will support the ongoing blight elimination efforts in Northumberland County and will greatly increase the quality of life for residents.”The Housing Authority of Northumberland County was awarded a $750,000 grant to support the county’s “Fight the Blight” initiative. The county will acquire and demolish approximately 60 blighted and abandoned properties in the county that will be redeveloped for commercial and housing purposes. Additionally, the housing authority will rehabilitate ten additional blighted structures to be sold to modest-income homebuyers. The project continues the highly successful effort launched by the housing authority in 2011 to work cooperatively with communities by identifying and prioritizing blighted properties for demolition and rehabilitation.The project is expected to bring economic growth through enhanced property values, a stronger local tax base, and increased commercial and residential development.Supported through the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) program, funding will support critical expansion projects, some of which will provide opportunities for additional economic development.last_img read more

See More

Campbell ‘truly beaten’

first_imgby LomachenkoLUKE Campbell says Saturday’s defeat by world lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko is the first time he has been “truly beaten”.The Briton, 31, lost his first world title fight via a split decision to Jorge Linares in 2017.Despite losing to Yvan Mendy in 2015, Campbell won the rematch last September, but Ukraine’s Lomachenko earned a unanimous decision in London.“No excuses,” Campbell told Sky Sports. “I was beaten by the better man.”The 2012 Olympic gold medallist went to hospital after the fight for a routine check and said: “We were extra cautious with what’s been going on in boxing the last couple of months. I was completely fine.”Beating Campbell at the O2 Arena meant Lomachenko added the WBC title to his WBA and WBO belts, and the double Olympic champion wants to claim the IBF title held by Richard Commey, who is set for a mandatory defence against Teofimo Lopez.Lomachenko, 31, and his promoter Bob Arum said the three-weight world champion could then go back to featherweight or super-featherweight.That would free up the lightweight belts for Campbell, who now has a professional record of 20 wins and three defeats.“I’m not going anywhere,” said the Hull fighter. “I don’t care who I go up against, I want those belts. They have my name on.“I do believe I got a lot better from that performance. I learned a few tricks in there myself, from Loma. I’ll add them to my style.”last_img read more

See More

Sprained ankle pushes next start for Angels’ Shohei Ohtani to the weekend

first_imgOhtani had been swinging the bat, and Scioscia said he was available to pinch-hit on Sunday night. The Angels ended up not using him, likely because lefty Aroldis Chapman was pitching in the ninth inning.ALSOAndrelton Simmons was in the lineup as the designated hitter on Sunday, a nod to his continued tightness of his forearm after he was hit by a pitch a week ago. Scioscia said the Angels are expecting Simmons to be back at shortstop on Tuesday…Related Articles A day after he gave up nine runs (five earned) in 1-2/3 innings, Richards said there is nothing physically wrong. “Just kind of move on to the next one,” he said. “Obviously not a great game all around.”…The heavy workload the bullpen absorbed on Saturday resulted in Eduardo Paredes getting optioned to Triple-A to make room for a fresh pitcher. Akeel Morris was recalled from Triple-A for his second stint this season…Angels pitchers have begun taking batting practice in preparation for the two-game series at Coors Field May 8-9…At 16-12, the Angels have their best record at the end of April since 2009, when they finished the month 18-11…The Angels have sold out six of their 15 home games.UP NEXTAngels (Nick Tropeano, 1-2, 4.67) vs. Orioles (Alex Cobb, 0-3, 13.11), Tuesday, 7 p.m., Fox Sports West, 7 p.m. Angels offense breaks out to split doubleheader with Astros Angels’ Shohei Ohtani spending downtime working in outfield Clippers, Mavericks brace for the unknown in Game 4 ANAHEIM — Mike Scioscia learned a new Japanese phrase on Sunday.Hyōka suru.The phrase, which translates as “to evaluate,” came up frequently as Scioscia was describing the Angels’ current position with regard to Shohei Ohtani, which was has been in flux ever since he suffered a mild left ankle sprain on Friday night.Ohtani had been scheduled to start on Tuesday, but now the Angels will not start him until sometime this weekend in Seattle, Scioscia said after Sunday’s game. He is expected to be able to be the DH on Tuesday, Scioscia said.center_img Jose Suarez’s rocky start sinks Angels in loss to Astros Mike Trout, with bat and glove, helps Angels end losing streak “We’re targeting Shohei to pitch somewhere on the weekend in Seattle to make sure this is behind him and he gets the proper workout to test it more instead of rushing him and trying to see where he is Wednesday,” Scioscia said. “It’s the best course of action for Shohei and for us.”The Angels will start Nick Tropeano on Tuesday against the Baltimore Orioles, followed by Andrew Heaney on Wednesday. They have not announced a starter for Thursday, but it could be Jaime Barria, who pitched on Saturday night for Triple-A Salt Lake City.As for Ohtani, he has been checked closely ever since hit he first base awkwardly in the fifth inning on Friday.“There’s a lot of season left and we want these guys for the whole year,” Scioscia said. “When you’re banged up at this point in the year, you want guys to get over it and be as close to 100 percent as they can be.”Since then, Ohtani had not started as the DH. He had been scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Sunday, in preparation for his turn on the mound on Tuesday, but that didn’t happen. He instead played some light catch and then went down to the bullpen and went through some pitching motions, with one toss of a ball into a net. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more

See More