DANIEL PAYS ANOTHER TOUCHING TRIBUTE TO LATE MUM JULIA

first_imgDaniel O’Donnell has paid another touching tribute to his mother after dedicating the latest edition of his fanzine to Julia.Daniel and late mum Julia.The June-August edition of the quarterly magazine is currently being posted to fans across the world.It contains a touching tribute to Julia, 94, who passed away after a short illness in May. Julia’s month’s mind mass took place on Friday last in Kincasslagh. DANIEL PAYS ANOTHER TOUCHING TRIBUTE TO LATE MUM JULIA was last modified: June 30th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:daniel o’donnelldonegalmum Julialast_img read more

See More

Klay Thompson reflects on his childhood in Portland

first_imgPORTLAND, Ore. – Should Klay Thompson need to feel inspired and rejuvenated again, he might want to avoid jumping into the water this time.Thompson had benefited from cooling off in the Pacific Ocean during an off day last month in Los Angeles a day before Game 4 of the Warriors’ first-round series against the Clippers. Before the Warriors play the Portland Trail Blazers in Game 3 of the Western Conference on Saturday, though, Thompson might not want to swim here.“You want to go to the …last_img

See More

CWG scam: CAG indicts Delhi health department

first_imgThe Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has found irregularities in procurement of medical equipment for the Games.The Commonwealth Games, hosted in the city last year, has come to be associated with a raft of scams. Here’s another.The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has found irregularities in procurement of medical equipment for the Games, causing loss of crores of rupees to the government exchequer.A CAG report states that the authorities concerned bought the equipment much above the market rates while beds and equipment at some designated hospitals were supplied only after the event got over.The authorities even issued fake work certificates for procuring items. The state-run GB Pant Hospital was designated for definitive care of accredited personnel along with AIIMS and RML Hospital. At GBP, a turnkey project for establishing an emergency block was approved by the government. The purchase committee approved the bid of M/ s Adison Equipment, which agreed to complete the supply, installation and commissioning of the system by August 20, 2010 at a cost of around Rs 5crore.According to the report, a review of expenditure revealed that a false work certificate was signed by a group of doctors on November 19 showing that the project was completed on September 6.”Installation of the turnkey project was possible in November after one month of the CWG. Whereas, this block was specially meant for the Games and the ground floor of the EDP building was specially modified for this purpose. The expenditure of Rs 5.15 crore thus proved unfruitful,” the report states. The report mentions that the hospital’s medical superintendent denied this and said the project was utilised fully for the CWG. Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta on Tuesday said chief minister Sheila Dikshit was responsible for this scam and should immediately resign.advertisement”There should be a proper investigation and all officials, including the CM, should be booked,” he added.Gupta said the CAG’s findings vindicated earlier claims that there was a huge scam in the whole exercise of improving health facilities ahead of the CWG by the Delhi government.The CAG report says lack of proper planning resulted in non-utilisation of budget.The decision to hold the Games in Delhi was taken in 2003 and the Directorate of Health Services (DHS) was entrusted with the responsibility of providing health services.The budget was allotted from 2006-07 but the final action plan could be finalised only in September 2009. The percentage of utilisation of the allotted budget was 0.1 to 8.5 during 2006-10 and hundred per cent during 2010- 11, the overall utilisation being 33.44 per cent.Delays were a common feature of Games-related projects. Health- related projects were no exception. The report says that although there was enough time to make purchases and call for open tenders, the DHS and hospitals made purchases worth Rs 6.02crore without inviting tenders. In its reply, the DHS attributed this to paucity of time.WHAT THE CAG FOUND – 68 ice- machines for treating sports injuries bought at inflated costs, leading to a Rs 23lakh loss- 11 firms failed to deliver medical equipment worth ` 4lakh- Directorate of Health Services and Lok Nayak Hospital bought equipment worth more than Rs 6crore without inviting open tenders- Director of health services waited till the end so that he could justify purchases without tender- Most equipment came after the Games were over- A Rs 5 crore emergency block for sportspersons at Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital completed a month after Gameslast_img
See More

2 dead 14 injured in 2vehicle crash on Alberta reserve after trick

first_imgSADDLE LAKE, Alta. – Two people have died and 14 people were injured when two vehicles on their way home from trick-or-treating crashed on a slippery road northeast of Edmonton.RCMP Cpl. Ron Bumbry says two vans — one with six people and the other with 10 people, collided about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday night on the Saddle Lake Cree Nation, about 165 kilometres northeast of Edmonton.Bumbry says a 42-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman, both of Saddle Lake, who were in the northbound van were pronounced dead at the scene.The other 14 — 10 of which were under the age of 18 and included a one-year-old and a two-year-old — were all taken to area hospitals with serious, non life-threatening injuries.Bumbry says people in both vehicles had been trick-or-treating in St. Paul, a town about 30 kilometres east of Saddle Lake, and were returning to their homes when the crash happened.He says it was snowing and roads were slippery at the time, but it’s too early to say if those were the cause of the crash.“It’s very tragic and our thoughts are with the family of the deceased and the community of Saddle Lake Cree Nation,” Bumbry said.Police are not releasing the names of the dead, nor their relationship.last_img read more

See More

Hojbjerg speechless after Southampton defeat

first_imgThe Saints were defeated 2-1 by Cardiff City in the English Premier League, leaving them in the bottom three of the table.Southampton FC couldn’t defeat Cardiff City, and just two minutes after tying the match, they ended up losing 2-1 after Kenneth Zohore scored the winning goal for the Bluebirds in the last play of the game.After this result, Southampton is now in 18th place of the table, out of 20 teams, with only 24 points after 26 matches.They have won only five times, drawing nine, and losing 12 matches.And for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, this defeated left him “speechless.”“I’m speechless. I don’t quite know the words to put in,” he told the club’s official website.“The only thing I can say that makes sense right now is that we, as a group, as a team and as a club, need these days to get together and analyze our small mistakes and details.”“Then we’re going to improve, do better, work harder and come back as a stronger side,” he added.Harry Maguire, Manchester UnitedLiverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“They (the coaches) prepared everything for us, we just had to put it into play. We did all right and in some parts of the game we created what we had to.”“You have to give credit to Cardiff for keeping believing because in this case, you have to believe until the end,” he continued.“We’re going to work on what we have to work on and come back stronger – that’s what this club is about, that’s what the players are about and that’s what the coaches are about.”“We have a big potential, but we still have to put it into excellence. This is what we will work on,” the footballer concluded.Skipper Pierre-Emile Højbjerg says #SaintsFC must bounce back stronger after a painful #PL defeat to #CardiffCity:— Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) February 9, 2019last_img read more

See More

Land purchase hearing for Alpine county park delayed

first_img Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The County Board of Supervisors rescheduled a public hearing on a potential land purchase in Alpine until its next meeting, Feb. 27.Alpine officials said they have been trying tog get a county park for years.Alpine Chamber Executive Director Alex Ward and Travis Lyon, Chair of the Alpine Community Planning Group and Alpine Union School District school board member discussed the plan on Good Morning San Diego KUSI Newsroom, February 13, 2019 KUSI Newsroom Posted: February 13, 2019 Land purchase hearing for Alpine county park delayedlast_img

See More

DFG Reminds Dipnetters Setnetters To Report 2018 UCI Personal Use Salmon Harvest

first_imgParticipants in the fisheries are required by law to report their harvests even if they did not fish, or even if they fished but caught nothing. DF&G: “Compliance with the permit requirements is important for future management of the Upper Cook Inlet personal use fisheries.” These fisheries include the Kasilof River gillnet, Kasilof and Kenai rivers dipnet, and Fish Creek dipnet, which opened this year by emergency order. Participants can report their harvest online on the ADF&G webpage, regardless if they obtained an electronic or paper permit. In addition, participants may also access the harvest reporting webpage from a smart phone or tablet device by scanning the QR code on the electronic permit. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) sent out a reminder for all 2018 Upper Cook Inlet Personal Use permit holders that August 15, is the deadline to report your harvest for the Kasilof and Kenai rivers, and Fish Creek fisheries.center_img Participants may also mail their permits to the address printed on the back, or hand-deliver their permits to local ADF&G offices during regular business hours. If no one in the household went personal use fishing, answer “NO” for the question “Did you fish for personal use in 2018?” and return the permit to ADF&G.last_img read more

See More

Third Eye Blind And Jimmy Eat World Announce Joint North American Tour

first_img“We couldn’t be more excited to spend our 25th summer as a band touring the country of our birth to play music for our American fans,” Jimmy Eat World tweeted out.Third Eye Blind, who went on a Summer Gods tour with Silversun Pickups in 2017, tweeted: “Excited to head out on the Summer Gods Tour 2019 with @jimmyeatworld!”Both bands were founded in the ’90s and released major hits. Jimmy Eat World’s “The Middle,” peaked at No. 5 on the Hot 100 in 2002 and Third Eye Blind’s “Ursa Major” peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 in 2009. Pre-sale ticket information for the tour can be found on the Ticketmaster website.Where Does Halestorm’s Lzzy Hale Keep Her GRAMMY? Twitter News Facebook Third Eye Blind And Jimmy Eat World Announce Tour third-eye-blind-and-jimmy-eat-world-announce-joint-north-american-tourcenter_img Third Eye Blind And Jimmy Eat World Announce Joint North American Tour Email Both bands have been together for more than twenty years Jennifer VelezGRAMMYs Jan 25, 2019 – 5:06 pm Alternative rock bands Jimmy Eat World and Third Eye Blind are joining forces and bringing along indie band Ra Ra Riot for a trek across North America this summer.The bands will embark on the Summer Gods 2019 tour that will have its first stop in Los Angeles in June and play shows in Seattle, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Houston and more before returning to Irvine, Calif., to end the tour in August.last_img read more

See More

Gold smuggling Customs GST officials arrested in Bengaluru

first_imgFor representational purposesReuters/Leonhard FoegeThree central government officials and a Bengaluru-based businessman have been charged by the Central Bureau of Investigation for illegally smuggling gold. The accused include a GST official named Rajnish Kumar Saroh and two customs officials – Shiva Kumar Meena and Sudarshan Kumar. The businessman was identified as NT Jamsheer, who owns Bestway Supermarket.They have been booked under section 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code. If they are found guilty, they could face seven-year jail time. An additional charge was also filed under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act.They had procured gold from western Asia and smuggled it through the Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru, reports The Times of India. The report also states that they had been managing the racket for over a year.The cover of the four men was blown when customs officials at KIA stopped six international smugglers carrying 11 kilograms of gold worth Rs 3.7 crore. The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, through questioning the smugglers, discovered that they were just carriers and had to give the gold to the receivers in India.How did the men commit the crime?The gold was smuggled into India by carriers in paste form under their belts. The operation was going on from August 2017 to August 2018.Jamsheer, who was said to operate the racket, had contacts of carriers in Dubai. He chose the carriers in such a way that no one suspected anything amiss. The details procured by Jamsheer from the carriers were sent to Saroh, who in turn sent them to Shiva Kumar Meena and Sudharashan Kumar, who were posted as customs officers at KIA.Meena and Kumar would then check the list and the smugglers’ credentials to make sure that there was nothing in there which would arouse any suspicion, states TOI. The smugglers would then pass through customs and give the material to the receivers in pre-planned areas outside the airport.Jamsheer paid Rs 75,000 to Saroh to make sure that the smugglers faced no hassle while travelling. Saroh, in turn, paid Meena and Kumar Rs 25,000 each for their role.last_img read more

See More

Medical students block DhakaMymensingh highway

first_imgStudents of Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College block Dhaka- Mymensingh highway on Saturday. Photo: UNBStudents of Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College blocked Dhaka-Mymensingh highway in Gazipur on Saturday morning protesting at the death of a physician in a road crash on Thursday, reports UNB.Salehuddin Ahmed, assistant superintendent of Gazipur district Traffic police, said that doctor Shammir Shakir Prokash was killed after being hit by a BRTC bus in KuniaTargach area on Thursday evening.The students of the medical college put up barricade in front of the college around 9:00am to meet their three-point demand including punishment of the driver, halting vehicular movement on the highway.Following the assurance of police, they withdrew their blockade around 10:15am.last_img

See More