9 months agoJuventus lodge new appeal for 2005/06 Serie A title removed from Inter Milan

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Juventus lodge new appeal for 2005/06 Serie A title removed from Inter Milanby Carlos Volcano9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus have lodged a new appeal to have the 2005/06 Serie A title removed from Inter Milan.During the Calciopoli scandal of 2006, Juve had two Scudetti revoked – the 2004/05 title went unassigned, while the 2005/06 title was handed to third-place Inter.This was due to AC Milan, who had finished second, also being docked points in the trial, along with Lazio, Fiorentina, Reggina and Arezzo.Juventus have had several appeals rejected to have the titles returned, or at least the later trophy taken away from Inter.On Saturday, Juve formally lodged another appeal with the Collegio di Garanzia dello Sport tribunal. last_img read more

See More

21 hours agoLiverpool make January transfer window call

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Liverpool make January transfer window callby Paul Vegas21 hours agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool expect to have a quiet January transfer window.The Reds have enjoyed a flying start to the new Premier League season, currently sitting six points clear of Manchester City having won eight of their nine matches so far.Liverpool are also on course to make the knockout stages of the Champions League having breezed past Genk with a 4-1 win on Wednesday night.With Jurgen Klopp’s side flying high, the Liverpool Echo says it’s unlikely the Merseyside giants will splash the cash when the transfer window reopens in the New Year.It’s claimed that it will take a ‘huge unforeseen struggle’ for Klopp to delve into the market. last_img read more

See More

MTV acquires SnowGlobe Music Festival

first_imgNEW YORK — MTV is expanding its live events business in the U.S. by acquiring the SnowGlobe Music Festival.The three-day New Year’s Eve festival takes place in South Lake Tahoe, California. This year’s lineup includes Above & Beyond, Diplo, Eric Prydz, Rezz and RL Grime headlining among more than 40 artists. SnowGlobe will also showcase extreme winter sports demonstrations.Terms were not disclosed in Monday’s announcement. MTV says it’s taking the next step in “its resurgence by expanding deeper into live events.”MTV plans to reinvent its New Year’s Eve coverage, connecting SnowGlobe with MTV’s Times Square studio in New York. The cable network also plans to expand SnowGlobe to additional dates and locations worldwide and leverage its team to launch other new events.MTV launched MTV Studios in June.The Associated Presslast_img read more

See More

Hostile Husky takeover bid for MEG Energy now expected to succeed as

first_imgCompanies in this article: (TSX:HSE, TSX:MEG, TSX:IMO, TSX:SU, TSX:CVE, TSX:CNQ)The Canadian Press CALGARY — A CIBC oil and gas analyst says the recent deterioration in crude oil prices makes it unlikely that a better offer will emerge to force Husky Energy Inc. to sweeten its hostile takeover bid for an oilsands rival.Husky reported Tuesday that it had received all necessary regulatory approvals for the takeover of MEG Energy Corp. and is now waiting for shareholders’ response to its offer which expires in mid-January.Analyst Jon Morrison says in a research report that Investment Canada approval of the proposed deal could at one time have prompted the emergence of a rival bidder — and a higher bid — for MEG, but the weakening macro oil economy of the past couple of months makes it unlikely now.He says he doesn’t expect any of the four most likely competing bidders — Imperial Oil Ltd., Suncor Energy Inc., Cenovus Energy Inc. and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. — to make a bid.CIBC moved its price target for MEG down from $9.50 to $8.30 per share, with the new target matching the current Husky cash-and-shares offer.The takeover was worth about $3.3 billion when proposed in September but has fallen to about $2.5 billion because of deterioration in Husky’s share price.“While we held the view earlier in the year that there was the potential for Husky to modestly bump the bid to get the deal across the line, given the weakening macro market over the last couple months we no longer believe that to be the case,” said Morrison in his report.last_img read more

See More

PRRD to allow residents to remove vehicles used for work from Old

first_imgFor more information on the permit, click here.The Regional District is also reminding residents to respect and obey security checkpoints.  The slide is still active and the community remains under an evacuation order.  In a posting on the PRRD website, the District says “Security has been put in place to ensure the security of residences left unattended, and to know the number of contractors that working in the area restoring utilities.  Entry permits can be obtained from the PRRD; this is so that the PRRD knows who is in the evacuation area.” FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District will start to issue permits to residents of the Old Fort so they can remove work vehicles from the community.The PRRD says if you have a 4×4 vehicle that is still in the community of Old Fort that sustains a business, you can contact the PRRD at 250-784-3200 and they will look at issuing entry permits to remove those vehicles.“The passage for getting out of the community location is a 4×4 road, so please take this into consideration before you submit your permit application.”last_img read more

See More

S Korean police apologise for 70yearold island massacre

first_imgSeoul: South Korean police apologised for the first time Wednesday over massacres that killed 10,000 people decades ago and the military expressed deep regret as President Moon Jae-in seeks to re-examine history. On April 3, 1948 members of the communist Workers’ Party of Southern Korea — an ally of the organisation that still rules the North — launched an armed uprising on the southern island of Jeju, attacking a dozen police stations. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from US At the time the division of the peninsula had yet to be formalised and the Korean War was still two years away, but the US-supported South was ideologically split following the end of World War II and Japanese colonial rule. The revolt was quickly put down, but while sporadic clashes continued more than 10,000 civilians were killed by South Korean security forces over the next six years, including beyond the end of the Korean War. “We apologise to the innocent people whose lives were sacrificed,” said Min Gap-ryong, the commissioner general of the Korean National Police Agency, at a commemoration of the uprising’s 71st anniversary. Also Read – Record number of 35 candidates in fray for SL Presidential polls “We promise to be an organisation that only thinks about and works for Korean citizens so that a tragedy like this will never repeat in our future.” The country’s defence ministry also expressed “deep regret” to the victims, while stopping short of a full apology. The Jeju Incident, as the events are known, remains a highly politicised issue in South Korea, as do some other aspects of the country’s post-war history. Some Jeju-based research and NGOs have claimed it was “Jeju people’s resistance against national division and ‘American Imperialism'”. The police apology and ministry’s expression of regret come after left-leaning South Korean President Moon Jae-in has repeatedly spoken on the importance of “setting our history right”. Moon, who brokered talks between Washington and Pyongyang, has stressed the independence struggle against Japan’s colonial rule is at the heart of national identity in both Koreas, while framing the South’s right-wing — who say the victims of Jeju were all communist rebels — as descendants of pro-Japanese collaborators. Last year, Moon became the first South Korean president in more than a decade to attend the annual memorial ceremony on Jeju. At the event he said: “Young people who were falsely accused of being communists during the April 3 Incident defended their country in the face of death. Ideology was nothing more than a cause that justified the massacre.” In 2003 the then South Korean president Roh Moo-hyun — whom Moon served as chief of staff — offered an apology to the victims of the Jeju incident.last_img read more

See More