The planning process has formally started for the erection of a controversial 30metre telecoms mast in Drumonaghan Wood in Ramelton.But some local residents are fearful about the proposals due to a ‘lack of transparency’ on the impact the mast may have on the locality.Cignal Infrastructure Ltd formally lodged the planning application with Donegal County Council on Friday to seek permission to erect a new 30m multi-user telecommunications support structure. The mast would be located within a security compound in the woods and surrounded by a 2.4m high palisade fence. It comes as independent company Cignal last year revealed that they are investing €25M into building telecoms infrastructure in Ireland to improve broadband and mobile coverage blackspots in rural areas.Cllr Ian McGarvey attempted to bring an emergency motion to the Letterkenny-Milford District meeting yesterday to discuss the proposed mast in Ramelton.However, he was told that the motion could not be discussed.“The motion is in relation to a current planning application that is before the council,” said Liam Ward, Director of Services. “Any discussion could be determined prejudicial to the consideration of the planning application and should not happen.”An online petition is also underway calling on the council to oppose the development.The public has five weeks to make written submissions on the application to the planning authority.Ramelton mast concerns heighten after planning application is lodged was last modified: September 17th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
IT Trends of the Future That Are Worth Paying A… Break the Mold with Real-World Logistics AI and… 5 Ways IoT can Help to Reduce Automatic Vehicle… Continental, a German auto manufacturer, has announced plans to test a “robo-taxi” in Frankfurt. The CuBe (Continental Urban mobility Experience) will be a blueprint for the future development of autonomous shared transport in urban areas.The CuBe will be fitted with driver assistance programs and sensors already embedded into Level 2 cars found on the road today, like the Tesla Model S. Continental is adding a laser sensor to the car, and will build self-driving software that is personalized for a shared experience.See Also: Continental rolls into BMW’s self-driving consortium“The future of individual mobility in cities is autonomous and electric, and it will become part of the shared economy,” said Continental Executive Board member, Frank Jourdan. “This is why we’re developing cross-divisional solutions for driverless robo-taxis… we will be starting with practical testing this year.”Continental in a perfect positon?Jourdan thinks Continental is in a perfect position to be the leader in driverless pods, as it already supplies sensors, actuators, control units, and networking technology to automakers. Delphi, a rival parts supplier, is also working on its own self-driving system.“The trials will be used to identify all the essential technical requirements that enable safe, driverless passenger transport in urban areas,” said head of the self-driving project, Dr. Andree Hohm. “This helps us to find answers to questions about our product strategy and to deliver leading technology for individual mobility in the future – including driverless systems.”Continental has not mentioned any tests outside of Frankfurt, although the company does cite the congestion in cities like Berlin and London as major issues, which could be fixed through robo-taxis. Related Posts For Self-Driving Systems, Infrastructure and In… Tags:#Autonomous#Continental#driverless#Frankfurt#Germany#Self-Driving#shuttle#taxi David Curry
Think you’ve worked under some tight deadlines? Try cutting a complex spot for Saturday Night Live, roughly 24 hours before it airs.SNL’s ‘The Beygency‘ has exploded online over the last week. The spot is a faux film trailer based on a fictionalized government agency that enforces positive fandom toward Beyonce – really, you’ve just got to see it. High production value, great plays on trailer cliches and loads of laughs…it’s no wonder it’s been an online hit. Take a look:But what we love even more than the spot itself, is getting a behind-the-scenes look at how it was created…FastCompany recently got some feedback from the editor of the spot, Adam Epstein. Starting at 4pm on Friday afternoon the video editing team worked around the clock to get the spot ready for air on Saturday night. In fact, the video wasn’t even finalized until after it aired, with the final tweaks being made for the online version. Editors take note: the crew from SNL is using Premiere Pro.Here’s a timelapse of the editing in action, along with corresponding time clock. If you ever feel overwhelmed by a deadline in the edit bay – it could always be harder, right?
Call it karmic cycle or norm of entertainment industry, Hiten Tejwani who’s known for replacing other TV stars, has been ousted from a show for the first time in eighteen years.Hiten who was planning to delve into comedy genre for the first time with Namune got replaced overnight in the show by Gutur Gu actor Kunal Kumar.But the actor has taken the news sportingly with the maturity we expect from this very sensible actor.Hiten confirmed the news to Bombay Times, “So far, I have replaced actors, but this is the first time I have been replaced without intimation. I have been a part of this industry and such things are quite common. I shot for four days for the pilot of the show. I did a lot of prep for it, as this was also the first time I was venturing into comedy. It’s not an easy genre. It takes effort to get into the skin of the character. I was very excited about the project, but now, what can I say?”He also said, “After the look test was done, I was wondering what happened, as there was no communication from their end. So, when the shooting date came near, I got in touch with someone I knew in the production team and the person was shocked that I wasn’t informed about the development. He broke the news to me that I had been replaced. Actors are often replaced, if they don’t suit a character or fit the bill. However, my problem was that they felt that I didn’t look like a lower middle-class guy, despite trying every trick in the book to make me look like one! Then suddenly, someone else was brought on board for my part overnight, and I wasn’t even informed about it. I’ve been a part of the industry for years and I have seen it all, but I am sure something like this would be difficult for new actors. They would take time to come to terms with what just hit them. It can also dent their confidence, as they would wonder why they were suddenly replaced, without even been given an opportunity to improve their acting.”advertisementHiten had entered the small screen with Ekta Kapoor’s Ghar Ek Mandir in 2000 and has featured in pivotal roles in popular shows like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kutumb, Pavitra Rishta, Kasautii Zindagii Kay. He was last seen in popular reality show Bigg Boss 11.