The Fort St. John Huskies had to forfeit their final game of the regular season.The pups were scheduled to travel to Grande Prairie to end their season with the Wheelers, but were unable to fill a full roster.Teams in the NWJHL must have nine players on their roster, or they are forced to forfeit the game. Sunday, the Huskies could only find seven players to take the trip to Grande Prairie. – Advertisement -Fortunately, the Huskies clinched fifth last night by beating the Blades, making today’s game meaningless in the standings.
Mourinho made changes at the breakJose Mourinho criticised his players after their 1-1 draw with Maribor in the Champions League.Nemanja Matic hauled them level and Eden Hazard missed a late penalty for the Blues, and Mourinho was far from happy with the team’s first-half display.Earlier in the day, Chelsea’s youngsters continued a remarkable run of high-scoring victories by crushing Maribor 7-0 in the Uefa Youth League.Another Chelsea youngster, in-form striker Patrick Bamford, believes his patience during his season-long loan at Middlesbrough is being rewarded.The Bees saw off ForestBrentford enjoyed a cracking victory, beating Nottingham Forest 3-1 at the City Ground.It means Stuart Pearce is without a win in 10 games, but the Hammersmith-born Forest boss believes he will be given time to turn things around at the City Ground. And Fulham came from two down to draw 2-2 against 10-man Blackpool at Craven Cottage.QPR look set for some good news, with Joey Barton, Jordon Mutch and Nedum Onuoha all appearing to be on course to return to the squad for Saturday’s game against Manchester City.Bobby Zamora could return to the starting line-up despite an ongoing hip condition which boss Harry Redknapp says meant the striker “could hardly walk” after the recent win against Aston Villa.There continues to be speculation over Jermain Defoe’s QPR wages ahead of his anticipated move to Loftus Road. The Daily Mirror have claimed he will be paid £80,000 a week.Meanwhile, QPR old boys Gary Waddock and Martin Allen have been reunited at Barnet. Manager Allen has added Waddock to his coaching staff at the Conference club.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Fifa has warned that any confirmed tickets not paid for by applicants would be made available to the public again. 29 May 2009 Team-specific tickets World football governing body Fifa says that second sales phase tickets for the opening match, semi-finals and final of the 2010 World Cup have been sold out. Fifa said there had also been an incredible demand for individual match tickets, adding that it was no longer possible, within the current sales phase, to purchase match tickets for games taking place in Cape Town, Nelspruit or Pretoria. “Individual match tickets for the opening match, the two semi-finals, and the final are also currently unavailable.” However, Fifa said it was still possible to acquire a ticket for the opening match, a semi-final and the final by purchasing team-specific ticket series 7 (TST-7). High demand An additional 72 000 ticket requests are currently being processed, and confirmations are due at the end of this week. Fifa explained that the TST-7 ticket was fixed – meaning that if the ticket holder’s team was eliminated from the competition, he or she would have to follow the victor all the way to the final match of the tournament. “The second phase of the 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa ticket sales has seen 105 322 tickets confirmed and approved so far,” Fifa said in a statement this week. Source: BuaNews Due to a high demand for certain team-specific ticket series, these tickets are no longer available for England, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Republic of Ireland and Netherlands.
Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games World’s 50 Best Restaurants launches new drinking and dining guide BaliPure, Pocari dispute title View comments MOST READ Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Heart Evangelista admits she’s pregnant… with chicken 1 dead in Cavite blast, fire But Tajikistan struck twice in quick succession with Parvizchon Umarbaev scoring from the spot in the 57th minute off a questionable foul called on Amani Aguinaldo, and Dilshod Vasiev finishing off a quick counter attack four minutes later after Junior Muñoz lost the ball at midfield.Fil-Japanese leftback Daisuke Sato restored the two-goal cushion for the Azkals with a long range strike with 10 minutes remaining only for Manuchekr Dzaliliov’s late strike off another defensive breakdown giving the Tajiks hope until the end.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutThe performance was a far cry from the horror show in Guangzhou where the Azkals absorbed a 1-8 defeat to China in a friendly Tuesday last week. Although the Azkals once again scrambled for most of the match and conceded some cheap goals against the Tajiks, they took their chances expertly with Patiño showing his quality.“It’s the perfect way to respond,” said midfielder Iain Ramsay, who played the full 90 minutes. WATCH: Firefighters rescue baby seal found in parking garage What ‘missteps’? LATEST STORIES A brace from Javier Patiño helped the Philippine Azkals weather a late Tajikistan uprising for a thrilling 4-3 victory Tuesday night that firmed up their grip of the top spot in Group F of the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers at Republican Central Stadium in Dushbane.Captain Phil Younghusband gave the Philippines the lead with a sublime free kick in the 28th minute, before Patiño scored in the 41st and 48th minutes off two assists from Mike Ott as the Azkals looked on their way to a comfortable victory before 15,000 fans in the Tajik capital.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Heart Evangelista admits she’s pregnant… with chicken
(Eds: Updating with more information and quotes of Gilles Simon and Kevin Anderson)By Amanpreet SinghPune, Jan 6 (PTI) Gilles Simons giant-killing spree culminated in a stupendous title win as he humbled second seed Kevin Anderson in straight sets to lift the inaugural Tata Open Maharashtra trophy, here today.The unseeded French player, ranked 89, tamed big-serving Anderson, ranked 14 in the world, 7-6(4) 6?2 in the summit clash, watched by a packed house at Balewadi Sports Complex.Simon, who was ranked six in the world at one stage in his career, had knocked out defending champion and third seed Roberto Bautista Agut before shocking top seed and world number six Marin Cilic en route the final.It is Simons first title since his win at Marseille in February 2015 and 13th overall.The remarkable ease with which Simon positioned himself to receive serves and returns, made a sight to watch. His effortless court coverage meant that Anderson was locked in long rallies more often, something which worked in favour of the French player.Anderson, the 2017 US Open finalist, struggled to execute his big serve consistently. His poor returns even on a humble service, sometimes even below 150km speed from Simon, made his job tough as unforced errors continued to flow from his racquet in the one-hour 36-minute match.”It was a great match, I dont know how I did it. To beat Anderson in the final is a great achievement for me. I managed to stay clam and play my game,” said 33-year-old Simon, who had lost to Anderson in three previous meetings.advertisement”My ranking is pretty low, I will work on that. I really had a good connection with fans. Already in the first round, they were happy for me. They loved the way I played. It helps to play your best tennis,” he said.Anderson, who has now lost 11 finals on the Tour, said what worked in Simons favour was his staying patient.”He incorporated the style, the tactics of match against Cilic. His defence was very well. I found it difficult to attack him. His first serve was coming at just 160, it just threw me off,” said the South African.”It was a disappointing for me. Partly he played very smart and partly I didnt execute my game. He was very patient today. In previous matches I was aggressive at time, today I could not do it,” said Anderson, adding that he would like to improve his record in finals and making the season-end Finale was his “big goal” for 2018.With Simon controlling the pace of the game with his superb returns, long rallies were the order of the day. The longest game in the opening set was the fourth when Simon went down 0-40 but saved four break chances after five deuce points.Anderson was serving big but Simon did not let him dominate, using his amazing retrieving skill. Points were initially long when Simon served but the South Africans serve came under pressure in the fifth when the French man attacked his rivals second serve.Two service return winners by Simon made it deuce but Anderson wriggled out of tight situation by winning consecutive points. However, he was not spared in the seventh with Simon finding an exceptional forehand winner on the second breakpoint.Despite not having a big serve, the Frenchman did not lose a single point on his serve in the sixth and eighth games and the break in between put him ahead 5-3.Anderson got a chance to get the break back when Simons backhand sailed over the baseline at 30-30 and he grabbed that with a passing backhand winner as Simon charged the net.Both the players held the next two games easily, forcing a tie-breaker.Simon trailed 1-3 in the tie-breaker but soon led 6-4 and nailed the set with a forehand winner which he produced after a sensational 39-shot rally.Anderson saved three break points in the second game of the second set but an unrelenting Simon broke his rival in the sixth and eighth to seal the win.Simon lost only three points in his four service game in the second set while Anderson continued to struggle with his errors. His misery finally ended when he hit a backhand wide to give Simon his first title win of the season. PTI AT ATK ATK
zoom Louisiana Offshore Oil Port LLC (LOOP) has completed the second very large crude carrier (VLCC) loading operation at its deepwater port, located 18 miles off the coast of Port Fourchon, Louisiana.The vessel in question is the VLCC Nave Photon, which was chartered by Houston-based Shell Trading Company US, Reuters said citing sources close to the matter.AIS data from Marine Traffic shows that the 297,395 dwt unit departed the port on March 24. Reuters added that Nave Photon is taking the cargo to Asia.LOOP, the owner of the only U.S. crude oil deepwater port, loaded its first Supertanker, the Saudi Arabian-flagged very large crude carrier (VLCC) Shaden, in February.The VLCC, which was previously used at the facility for test loading of crude oil, left LOOP on February 18 carrying 2 million barrels of oil and is expected to arrive in Rizhao, China by mid-April.
Kolkata: A minor girl, who was abducted on June 13, was rescued on Thursday night.The prime accused of the case has been nabbed. According to the police, on June 15 evening, a woman identified as Archana Sardar of GE block in Salt Lake alleged that her 15-year-old daughter was kidnapped by some miscreants. Sardar alleged that on June 10 when she along with her husband left their home leaving their daughter and son behind some miscreants kidnapped the girl. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataAccording to the complaint filed by Sardar, she came to know from local residents that three miscreants identified as Rahul, Kalu and Biswa had abducted her daughter. On June 14, she went to Bidhannagar South police station and informed the matter to the police but did not lodge any complaint. While returning from the police station, when Sardar and her husband were thinking about what to do next, a person identified as Jamal allegedly threatened her and asked them to leave the place where they resided. Also Read – Lightning kills 8, injures 16 in stateOtherwise they will not see their daughter again. Sardar said she lived with her family on a plot. On June 15, Sardar again went to police station and lodged a complaint against the miscreants. Cops arrested the two persons named in the FIR identified as Rahul Mandal and Biswajit Ghosh alias Biswa. During the interrogation with the police the duo revealed about the hideout where Ali Hossain alias Kalu was staying. They also told the police where the abducted girl was kept. On Thursday night, the police raided an area in Salt Lake and arrested Kalu. The abducted girl was also rescued. It is suspected that the three arrested persons had some enmity with the victim girl’s family. Police are further investigating the case to find the truth.
May 12, 2014 This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. 3 min read Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now Bad news, guys. All those shiny, electronic gadgets you hold near and dear — often in your lap while sitting — are doing serious damage to something important you’ll need in order to procreate: your sperm.Without getting too health education-y, research shows that the dangerous Radio Frequency radiation and Wi-Fi oozing from laptops and other gadgets “positioned near the male reproductive organs” can turn some 25 percent of sperm into sluggish, stationary microscopic loafs that can’t and won’t do their only job — swim.Equally depressing is that lap-situated laptops (they don’t call them laptops for nothing) can even warp your sperm’s DNA. If that’s not bad enough, the risks to your overall sperm quality that smartphones stashed in pants pockets can wreak are just as awful.While this news is pretty stark, men will probably continue using their electronics as usual. Thankfully, one inventor thinks he has a solution: Wireless Armour boxer briefs.These electromagnetic radiation-deflecting cotton undergarments are lined with silver meshing (which we hope isn’t scratchy) that essentially creates a Faraday cage that is said to shield your nether regions from at least 99.99 percent of “the entire range of radiation emitted by wireless devices, from voice and texts, through to 4G and Wi-Fi.” Bonus: These snug, durable skivvies are antimicrobial to keep you, er, smelling “fresher for longer.”British physics teacher Joseph Perkins, 26, invented Wireless Armour underwear after he discovered that his laptop, tablet and phone were exposing his “essentials” to significant amounts of radiation, as he sedately explains in a video to go along with his Indiegogo campaign to mass produce the protective knickers. At press time, the crowdfunding effort had raised about $15,000 toward its $50,500 goal. There are still 20 days left to chip in, if you’re so moved to do so.Also supposedly made from breathable jersey fabric, Wireless Armour come in four different basic styles, three sizes and in blue or black. But it’s not really about how they look. It’s about what they do — protect your most valuable assets.These high-tech undergarments don’t come six to a package. Each pair costs about $60. But if preserving your fertility is a priority for you, they might be worth it.What crazy apps and gadgets have you come across lately? Let us know by emailing us at FarOutTech@entrepreneur.com or by telling us in the comments below. Enroll Now for Free