JAMESTOWN – A drug raid at 283 Fairmount Ave. Wednesday afternoon resulted in six arrests, as well as the residence being condemned, according to the Jamestown Police Department. Image by JPD.Police said they were called to assist Child Protective Services with a home check. Police said they allegedly observed what appeared to be a large quantity of crystal methamphetamine in plain open view on the table. The substance was seized and was reportedly found to weigh 29 grams.Hollie Petroff, 35, John Ferguson, 42, and Stephen Dean, 41, were all charged with two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.John Kellom, 34, Jared Gilbert, 33, and Amanda Penhollow, 33, were all reportedly inside the residence. Police said they were found to have bench warrants for failure to appear. All six people were transported to Jamestown City Jail to await arraignment.The Jamestown Department of Development was called to assist before condemning the residence. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
WNY News Now’s Justin Gould anchoring our daily ‘News Now @Noon’ broadcast. File photo.App users, tap here to watch the video interview.JAMESTOWN – WNY News Now News Director Justin Gould says that he found out Thursday morning that he’s tested positive for COVID-19, less than 24 hours after being tested at Jones Memorial Hospital. The announcement came after his girlfriend, McKenzie, received a positive test Wednesday evening. Gould says he wanted to share his status with the community in an effort to provide transparency throughout the process, including the precautions that the he and the WNY News Now staff have taken to minimize the spread of the virus.Gould explains that his girlfriend started exhibiting symptoms of the virus over the weekend, which resulted in her getting tested. Gould, himself, started to experience symptoms earlier this week, which ranged from a “tickle” in the throat, to a temporary loss of taste as well as cold symptoms. “Both of us are doing well, minus general cold symptoms,” Gould told me Thursday. “A lot of people say what separates COVID from a cold can be loss of taste, without a stuffy nose. This morning I have a stuffy nose. Last night I didn’t have a stuffy nose, and it was within an hours time, my taste faded. I was busy working on my computer here, and then I went to eat dinner and I couldn’t taste anything, and at that point, I had a pretty good suspicion I was going to test positive.”Gould is the first person to be exclusively interviewed by WNY News Now after receiving a positive COVID-19 diagnosis. I asked him to guide us through the emotions that he and his girlfriend were experiencing after receiving the diagnosis.“It is upsetting. Very upsetting,” Gould said. “Last night, when my girlfriend learned she tested positive, we were both pretty upset, mainly because with PPE and precautions that we’ve taken, we like many other people, are out in the community. And we’re very concerned for the loved ones that we’re in contact with. It’s not so much we are concerned for us because we are young and healthy and, thank God, right now our symptoms are mild, but our concerns were for other people.”The News Director says that he began the transition of working from home Tuesday afternoon in preparation of a positive test for himself, as well as his girlfriend. Gould additionally details how he worked remotely from home that evening as WNY News Now provided live coverage of the 2020 Chautauqua County election night.Gould explains that his contagious period is considered to have begun on Monday, according to information that he’s received from contract tracers.At the start of the pandemic, WNY News Now implemented sanitation, social distancing and other CDC guidelines for the staff when working for the company, whether it’d be in or out of the newsroom.Gould did wear extra PPE Monday and Tuesday as he transitioned to working from home.“As essential workers, we still go into work, but I’m still very much afraid for you guys, (others who work in the newsroom) all of you, because I don’t want us to have bad side effects of it,” Gould said. “And it’s not even so much I think about us, but I think about the people that we’ve come into contact with. That’s what was going through my mind.”A journalist who is writing a story very rarely uses the words “I” or “Me” in their articles, simply because the story is not about the writer. In this case, the story really isn’t about Gould or myself.I am making an exception in this case, though. I want to inform those who’ve watched the interview and who’ve read the article that I am also quarantining myself effective last night, other than working in any essential capacity, pending a negative test. I will be tested through my other place of employment Thursday afternoon, with the results expected by Friday evening.As of publish time, I am awaiting an expected call from a contact tracer. The rest of our staff will also be working from home for the time being as a precaution.The video above contains the full 22-minute Zoom interview with myself and Gould. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
View Comments from $69.00 Hello, Colorado! Ever wonder what would happen if the boys of The Book of Mormon visited South Park? Well, it crossed the mind of one very talented fan, who took the opening number of the hit musical from Robert Lopez, Trey Parker and Matt Stone and placed it in the world of Parker and Stone’s Comedy Central series, complete with cameos from Cartman, Stan, Kyle, Kenny and more. The animation is entirely fan made; props, Simon Chong! The Mormon movie may still be years down the road, but this is one direction we wouldn’t mind seeing the adaptation of the tuner go in. Take a look at the video below to get your Mormon and South Park fix simultaneously. Related Shows The Book of Mormon
Additionally, current cast members Ross Dawes and Derek Hagen will take over in the roles of Mr. Salt and Mr. Bucket, respectively. Also joining the cast on May 4 is Mark Oxtoby as Jerry. View Comments Some new faces are about to visit Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. On May 4, the West End production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will welcome Lara Denning as Mrs. Buckett and Kraig Thornber as Grandpa George. They take over for Kirsty Malpass and Billy Boyle, respectively, and join the previously announced Jonathan Slinger, who will assume the role of the whimsical candyman. The musical features a book by David Greig and music and lyrics by March Shaiman and Scott Wittman. Based on Roald Dahl’s 1964 children’s book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory follows the adventures of young Charlie Bucket as he and four other children win golden tickets to visit the strange and eccentric world of Willy Wonka and his chocolate factory. The West End production officially opened on July 25, 2013, starring Tony and Olivier Award winner Douglas Hodge as Willy Wonka. Denning previously appeared on the West End stage in Matilda. Thornber’s London credits include Return to the Forbidden Planet, Guys and Dolls and Oh! What a Lovely War.
Star Files Show Closed This production ended its run on Jan. 31, 2016 King Charles III Long may he reign over Broadway! The previously rumored Great White Way transfer of London’s King Charles III, which won Best New Play at the 2015 Oliviers, will begin previews October 10 at the Music Box Theatre. Opening night is set for November 1. Tim Pigott-Smith, who played the titular role in London, will lead the production under the direction of Rupert Goold.In the future history play by Mike Bartlett, the Queen is dead, and after a lifetime of waiting, Prince Charles ascends the throne. The controversial play explores the people underneath the crowns, the unwritten rules of our democracy and the conscience of Britain’s most famous family.The show had a successful run at London’s Almeida Theatre in the spring of 2014 before transferring to the West End’s Wyndham’s Theatre, where it concluded its run on January 31. The cast of the latter production also included Oliver Chris, Richard Goulding, Nyasha Hatendi, Adam James, Margot Leicester, Tom Robertson, Nicholas Rowe, Tafline Steen, Lydia Wilson, Beautiful’s Katie Brayben and Miles Richardson.The Music Box currently plays host to The Heidi Chronicles, and the Audra McDonald-led Shuffle Along will begin performances there on March 14, 2016. View Comments Related Shows Tim Pigott-Smith
View Comments Football season is in full swing, which means only one two things: 1. watching, obsessing and talking endlessly about your favorite team, and 2. chicken wings… But wait! We have good news. Now you don’t have to miss a single play while getting the latest info on the hottest play. Yes, the Broadway.com iPhone app will make all your dreams come true. Don’t get distracted by silly ads or appropriate outrage. Just download the app, sit back and let Broadway come to you. Enjoy the show!
Two-time Tony winner Nathan Lane (with new hairdo) stopped by The Late Late Show on October 8 and the inevitable happened with its host, Tony winner James Corden. The pair teamed up to do a number. Several numbers, in fact. The Broadway duo, alongside comedian Rachel Bloom, joined forces for Inappropriate Musicals, transforming classic scenes from The Terminator, The Exorcist and Se7en into musical theater. The results, below, were predictably hysterical. We’ll never hear the words “I’ll be back” in quite the same way ever again. Star Files View Comments Nathan Lane
Here’s a quick roundup of stories you may have missed today. Brian d’Arcy James Set for DonutsWe all saw Brian d’Arcy James beaming with pride on the Oscars after Spotlight won Best Picture, and there’s a chance you’ll be able to catch him on the small screen some more in the near future. The Something Rotten! star has been cast in CBS’s previously announced Superior Donuts pilot, reports Variety. The potential series is based on the Tracy Letts play of the same name. D’Arcy James will play Arthur, the owner of a local donut shop in Chicago. Frank Stallone Needs a Mark Rylance PrimerWhen three-time Tony winner Mark Rylance took the stage at the Oscar to accept his award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, our theatre-loving selves were cheering wildly. Somewhat understandably, Frank Stallone, brother of the category’s reported frontrunner Sylvester, wasn’t as thrilled. In a (now deleted) tweet, Frank wrote, “It’s as clear as the nose on your face that Sly won. Mark who? It’s total Hollywood bulls—“ He continued, “Mark Rylance couldn’t even comb his hair for Christ sake.” Now, Stallone is apologizing for his crass remarks—sort of. “I want to apologize to Michael Rylance [sic],” he tweeted on March 1. “I was caught up in an emotional spin. I love my brother and wanted him to win so bad.” It’s the thought that counts?Sarah Hyland Boards Dirty Dancing RemakeSarah Hyland, who stars as oldest daughter Haley on ABC’s Modern Family, has joined that ever-growing cast of ABC’s Dirty Dancing remake. She takes on the role of Lisa, Baby’s older sister first played on screen by Jane Brucker, in the upcoming TV event, according to Deadline. Hyland appeared on Broadway as a young Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in Grey Gardens. She joins a cast that includes the previously reported Nicole Scherzinger, Abigail Breslin, Cole Prattes and Debra Messing.Laura Osnes & More Will Join the PopsSpeaking of Modern Family, upcoming Fully Committed star Jesse Tyler Ferguson, as well as Tony nominees Laura Osnes and The Royale’s Montego Glover, The Color Purple standout Kyle Scatliffe and Les Mis alum Robert Marien have joined the lineup for the New York Pops’ 33rd birthday gala. The event, set for May 2 at Carnegie Hall, will honor Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg. The group joins a previously announced roster that includes Patti LuPone, Jeremy Jordan, Norm Lewis, Lea Salonga and Stephanie J. Block.Paper Mill’s Pump Boys & Dinettes Announces CastThe cast is now set for Paper Mill Playhouse’s Pump Boys and Dinettes. The production will feature former Broadway.com vlogger Alysha Umphress (On the Town) as Rhetta, as well as James Barry as Jim, Gabe as Jackson, Julie Foldesi as Prudie, Jason Ostrowski as L.M., Alysha Umphress as Rhetta and Sam Weber as Eddie. Performances will run at the New Jersey venue from April 6 through May 1. John Foley directs.Joel Grey Can Indeed Get You Hamilton TicketsTony and Oscar winner Joel Grey stopped by Late Night to confirm some claims made by Leslie Odom Jr. Back in November, the Hamilton star told Seth Meyers that while the show was off-Broadway at the Public, Grey bluffed his way into a ticket at the box office. The stage legend revealed that his badass level is as high as Odom Jr. claims. He also talked about his decision to come out as gay later in life, saying, “If one person is helped or feels better about it, it’s worth it to me to say who I am.” Inspirational and can get you Hamilton tickets? How lucky we are to be alive right now. View Comments Brian d’Arcy James(Photo: Bruce Glikas)
Related Shows View Comments Sonja Morgan in ‘Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man'(Photo: Allison Stock) It’s time to get tipsy, girl, because a certain International Fashion Lifestyle Brand is heading off-Broadway. Real Housewives of New York’s Sonja Morgan will make her stage debut in Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man. The 2015 Bravo TV Award winner will play a limited engagement at the 777 Theatre from October 1 through October 22.I am really excited to put my acting skills to the test,” Morgan said in a statement. “I’ve always said the only thing better than making people laugh is making them feel sexy. With this play, I get to do both. I have no doubt my New York stage debut promises to be a climactic affair.” Subtle.Morgan, who takes on the role of Robyn, will join Grant MacDermott and Michael Milton in the play. Matt Murphy’s comedy, inspired by the book by Dan Anderson and Maggie Berman, follows a meet-the-authors event-turned-sex tip seminar. Sex Tips For Straight Women From a Gay Man Show Closed This production ended its run on June 23, 2018
Hamilton Star Files Brandon Victor Dixon & Mike Pence(Photo: Instagram.com/brandonvdixon & Win McNamee/Getty Images News) View Comments from $149.00 The reviews are in! Following Vice President Elect Mike Pence’s visit to Hamilton on November 18, many have offered their thoughts on the company’s speech, which was delivered by Brandon Victor Dixon. Broadway.com spoke with the current Aaron Burr (sir) following Friday evening’s performance and President Elect Donald Trump was quick to make his voice heard the following morning.On November 20, Pence was asked for his response to the Ham fam’s words on Fox News Sunday.”My daughter and I and her cousins really enjoyed the show. Hamilton is just an incredible production. It was a real joy to be there,” Pence said. “When we arrived, we heard a few boos, and we heard some cheers, and I nudged my kids and I reminded them, ‘That’s what freedom sounds like.'”Regarding whether Hamilton’s company owes Pence an apology, the Vice President Elect said, “I wasn’t offended by what was said. I’ll leave it to others whether that was the appropriate venue to say it.”Check out Pence’s full response below. Related Shows Brandon Victor Dixon