by: Robert McGarveyTwo more credit unions were added to the official Apple Pay list of participating institutions, bringing the total number to four.The new additions are the $1.8 billion UW Credit Union in Madison, Wis., and the $891 million L&N Federal Credit Union in Louisville, Ky.Previously the only credit unions active on Apple Pay were the $62 billion Vienna, Va- based Navy Federal and $6.3 billion Riverdale, Utah-based America First Credit Union.UW is active in Apple Pay both for personal credit cards and debit cards. L&N is active for debit cards only, according to Apple. continue reading » 5SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
With mobile financial technology services moving forward at light speed these days, it’s a bit of a challenge at times to keep pace with all the changes — not to mention the technology driving the evolution of member needs. To get a grasp on mobile, we invited Mobilearth’s Dave Richards on the program. But instead of looking at it from the consumer POV, we flipped it around provided it from your credit union’s branch perspective. In other words, with today’s technology leaps, your branch is no longer stationary. It’s wherever your staff can go with a tablet, which enhances the visibility and value of your CU — not to mention its cool factor.Check out this conversation with Dave on how your branch can go mobile. Enjoy! continue reading » 3SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
The Indonesian Biodiesel Producers Association (APROBI) has said it will start the trial use of 40 percent biodiesel (B40) fuel in March, as a follow-up to the successful implementation of 30 percent biodiesel (B30) fuel.APROBI chairman MP Tumanggor said the trial, starting in March, was in line with President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s plan to implement B40 fuel fully in January 2021, as reported by kompas.com on Monday.“I just received a letter from the oil and gas research agency for us to send the raw material for the trial,” Tumanggor said. He said there would be two models to be tested for the B40 fuel, which is produced by distilling crude palm oil (CPO) and infusing fatty acid methyl ester (FAME) to the mix to reach the expected level.The government is eager to increase the mix of palm oil in diesel fuel to reduce oil imports, which contribute heavily to the country’s trade deficit.Regarding the implementation of B30 fuel, Tumanggor said the program had gone well since its commercial debut in January.The B30 fuel is set to consume 9.6 million kiloliters of palm oil this year.“As of now, [the use of B30 fuel] is still going according to plan with regard to the automotive industry, the supply chain from Pertamina and producers,” he said, adding that the B30 fuel is expected to use a total of 800,000 kiloliters of vegetable oil. (mpr)Topics :
Comment Saliba had considered a late offer from Tottenham (Getty Images)The report claims that Arsenal will now pay an initial €33m (£29.8m) fee plus a further €7m (£6.3m) in add-ons.AdvertisementAdvertisementArsenal are also understood to have agreed to a 20 per cent sell-on clause with Saint-Etienne.Saliba will sign a five-year contract with Arsenal but will remain on loan at Saint-Etienne for the upcoming season.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CitySaliba made his first-team debut for Saint-Etienne in September 2018 and made 19 appearances for the French club last season.The centre-back is regarded as one of the most highly rated young defenders in France and has also represented his national side from under-16 to under-20 level.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Advertisement Advertisement William Saliba is reportedly set to join Arsenal (Getty Images)William Saliba has chosen to join Arsenal after rejecting a late approach from Tottenham, according to reports in France.The Gunners had been in the driving seat to sign the 18-year-old and had hoped to secure a €30 million (£27m) deal with Saint-Etienne.But last week, Tottenham submitted an improved bid to Saint-Etienne and offered better contract terms to the defender.However, Peuple-Vert, a French outlet based in Saint-Etienne, claim that Saliba has opted to join Arsenal after the Gunners revised their original offer.ADVERTISEMENT Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 17 Jul 2019 12:54 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link4.5kShares William Saliba to join Arsenal after rejecting late Tottenham offer
The Spanish world number one was in the throes of wrapping up his second round clash on Rod Laver Arena against Argentine Federico Delbonis when the unfortunate girl found herself in his firing line. Nadal went over to check how she was and gave her a quick peck on the cheek for good measure, leaving the youngster blushing. Loading… Read Also: Aussie Open: Nadal labours past Delbonis to reach third round“For her it was not a good moment, I was so scared for her, the ball was quick and straight on her,” Nadal said after the match, giving her his headband as a momento.“She’s a super brave girl. It has been one of the more scary moments of my career. I’m very happy she is good. She is brave. Well done.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It Appeared11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopWhat Happens When You Eat Eggs Every Single Day?9 Iconic Roles That Could Have Been Played By Different Actors10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist Magnets6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime Advertisement Rafael Nadal melted hearts at the Australian Open on Thursday, rushing to console a ballgirl and kissing her on the cheek after one of his fearsome shots ricocheted off her.
Indianapolis, In. — Indiana Farm Bureau looks to educate thousands of fairgoers about Hoosier agriculture in the Farm Bureau Building at the Indiana State Fair this year. Free events, activities and displays, giveaways and farmer testimonials are aimed at educating visitors of all ages about their food, fuel and fiber and the farmers who grow, raise and process these commodities.INFB will reach fairgoers through a collection of games and exhibits inside the Farm Bureau Building on the north end of the fairgrounds.“The Indiana State Fair is a great tool for the agriculture industry to showcase the important work that we do every day,” said Randy Kron, INFB president. “Many fairgoers have never been to a farm, so we’re taking the farm to them.”Taste from Indiana Farms:The INFB Women’s Leadership Committee will host Taste from Indiana Farms in the Farm Bureau Building auditorium, August 14, 15 and 16 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fairgoers have the opportunity to sample free, locally-grown foods, served by Indiana farm families, and take home a collection of recipes from the event.Ag Fact Adventure:The Ag Fact Adventure scavenger hunt walks guests through the Farm Bureau Building, encouraging them to learn something new about agriculture in their quest for a prize. The content covers many areas of agriculture including farm technology, household products and food production.Barn Theater:The Farm Bureau Building will feature a “Barn Theater” wall showing videos of farmers across Indiana. The videos will showcase duck, llama, shrimp and seed corn farmers and other agriculture professionals such as a large animal vet, a grain merchandiser and an irrigation professional.Free popcorn:INFB will serve free popcorn every day from noon to 5 p.m. in the Farm Bureau Building. Guests can also enter a drawing to win free popcorn for a year (400 bags of microwaveable popcorn) in the building. Popcorn is courtesy of Preferred Popcorn in Palmyra, Indiana.“At the Farm Bureau Building, they’ll learn about a farmer’s job and we hope they gain an understanding of how the farm is the source of so many essential items they use every day, not just food,” explained Kron.INFB also is sponsoring two brand new events this year, both designed to showcase Indiana’s farm animals.Animal Town, presented by INFB, is a daily exhibit featuring several species of animals such as beef and dairy cattle, chickens, goats, draft horses, llamas, rabbits, sheep and swine. This new exhibit serves as an interactive, educational opportunity for fairgoers to see their favorite Indiana farm animals up close and learn a little about those animals. Animal Town is located at the east end of the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand.The Supreme Driveis a new event at the 2018 Indiana State Fair modeled on the existing Indiana State Fair Grand Drive. The Supreme Drive’s purpose is to recognize the best breeding stock Indiana has to offer by selecting the supreme 4-H breeding ewes, dairy females and gilts in the Indiana Farmers Coliseum on Sunday, August 12.The Indiana State Fair takes place August 3 through 19 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds and Events Center in Indianapolis. Daily gate and building hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Farm Bureau Building is located on the north side of the fairgrounds just inside gate 12 and is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
ORVC Weekly Report (April 15-20)Players of the Week.Baseball: Zach Cole – Southwestern and Zach Weaver – Switzerland County.Softball: Sydney Pitts – Rising Sun and Nadya Hildebrand – Jac-Cen-Del.Boys Golf: Chandler Cole – Shawe Memorial.Girls Track: Cloey Simon – Jac-Cen-Del and Megan Cole – South Ripley.Boys Track: Mitchell Cline – SouthwesternORVC Report(April 15-20)2019Courtesy of ORVC Recorder Travis Calvert.
BAR HARBOR — All throughout a back-and-forth game between Hancock County’s biggest rivals Tuesday, a sense of something special was in the air on the baseball diamond at Mount Desert Island High School.Whether it was clutch pitching on the mound, timely hitting at the plate or a gaggle of geese disrupting the game, this early-season contest between Ellsworth and Mount Desert Island in Bar Harbor had just about everything. Seven innings weren’t enough to separate these Hancock County foes, who went blow for blow with one another in a matchup between two of the top teams in Class B North.MDI edged Ellsworth 5-4 on Nick Stanley’s walk-off single up the middle in the bottom of the ninth inning Tuesday night in Bar Harbor. It was a joyous win for the Trojans and a difficult result for the Eagles, but it felt as if this could be just the beginning for each of the two rivals.Ellsworth’s Jackson Curtis swings at a pitch during the fourth inning of a high school baseball game against MDI on April 24 in Bar Harbor. Curtis had a single and a run scored for the Eagles. ELLSWORTH AMERICAN PHOTO BY MIKE MANDELL“Both of our teams are special, and we knew it would be a battle from start to finish,” Stanley said. “We brought everything we had, and so did Ellsworth. We’re going to be seeing them in the playoffs, for sure.”This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textFrom the start, this encounter was a battle between two of the area’s top pitchers, MDI’s Matt Perconti and Ellsworth’s Conner Wagstaff. After both pitchers got out of the first inning unscathed, Perconti forced two groundouts and a flyout to retire the side in the top of the second before the Trojans used patience at the plate and situational baserunning to score the game’s first two runs.Perconti continued his strong performance on the mound throughout the next few innings and even had a no-hitter going through five. Yet Ellsworth’s resilience paid off in the top of the sixth inning when it mounted a one-out rally to take a 4-2 lead.“I thought we attacked some fastballs that were up in the zone and drove them,” Ellsworth head coach Dan Curtis said. “Our big bats in the middle of the order started hitting some line drives into the gaps, and good things started to happen for us.”MDI, though, used a pair of runs to tie the game after Wagstaff departed in the bottom of the inning with two men on base. After scoreless innings in the seventh and eighth — and a brief delay as Ellsworth’s Jared Hamilton fought off a pair of geese in center field — Stanley had the chance to win it for the Trojans with a runner on second against Ellsworth’s Brad Smith.“I’ve gone against Bradly a lot of times in the past, and he’s a good pitcher who had made me look silly in the at-bat right before with a curveball,” Stanley said. “He got ahead of me 0-1 with a fastball this time, and I was looking curveball again. I just put my weight back, connected with it and drove it up the middle.”Alden Fournier was the winning pitcher for MDI (2-0) with two scoreless innings in the eighth and ninth, and Smith, who had guided the Eagles through the seventh and eighth after giving up two unearned runs in the sixth, took the loss. Perconti allowed two hits with three strikeouts and a single walk, and Wagstaff allowed three hits with seven strikeouts and six walks.Stanley and Liam Sullivan had two hits each for MDI, which had seven on the night. Jack Lee, Jackson Curtis and Matt Burnett had singles for Ellsworth (2-1).MDI players celebrate after Nick Stanley’s walk-off single in the bottom of the ninth inning cemented a 5-4 win over Ellsworth on April 24 in Bar Harbor. ELLSWORTH AMERICAN PHOTO BY MIKE MANDELL“For us, I think you have to be happy with what we were able to do at the plate,” MDI head coach Andy Pooler said. “Both teams managed to pull off the couple of runs they had to have when they needed them most. It came down to that one hit in extra innings.”For Ellsworth, the loss snapped a two-game winning streak to start the year. The Eagles, who beat Bucksport 14-5 last Thursday and John Bapst 13-5 Saturday, face Washington Academy (1-1) at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, April 26, before finishing their three-game road stand against Foxcroft at noon Saturday, April 28, and hosting Washington Academy in a rematch at 4:30 next Tuesday, May 1.MDI, which beat George Stevens Academy 10-4 to open the season last week, will be back at home Saturday for a doubleheader against Caribou (0-2) beginning at 1 p.m. The Trojans are then scheduled to play the first of four consecutive road games when they face Hermon at 4:30 p.m. next Tuesday.As for the next game between Ellsworth and MDI, that won’t come until the end of May. Both teams have plenty of games to play before then, but after this battle, the month until the rematch in Ellsworth will seem like a lifetime.“I think you saw tonight how solid both teams are and what we can do,” Stanley said. “Whenever you have Ellsworth and MDI playing, it’s going to be a fun ride.” Ellsworth runners compete in virtual Boston Marathon – September 16, 2020 Bio Hospice volunteers help families navigate grief and find hope – September 12, 2020 Latest Posts Latest posts by Mike Mandell (see all) Mike MandellMike Mandell is the sports editor at The Ellsworth American and Mount Desert Islander. He began working for The American in August 2016. You can reach him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. MPA approves golf, XC, field hockey, soccer; football, volleyball moved to spring – September 10, 2020
Panaji: Defender Seriton Fernandes has signed a new long-term contract with FC Goa till the summer of2022.Seriton made his ISL bow in 2017/18 as a Gaur after the club picked him in the 7th round in the 2017 ISL Players Draft. He then went on to play a vital role in his first season in the club, establishing himself as the undoubtedfirst-choice in the right-back slot.He helped the club to semi-final appearances in both the Indian Super League and the Super Cup, a media releaseissued here said.”Goa is home for me. Playing for the people and wearing the crest is something I really take pride in. highlights To have the opportunity to play for the club is every Goan boy’s dream. And now to have the chance to extend my stay here wassomething I couldn’t say no to,” stated Seriton. FC Goa have had a sensational Indian Super League as they were able to make their way through to the finals. With defender Seriton Fernandes coming into the setup, FC Goa will be hoping to get better results and get their hands on the coveted trophy. Seriton carries a good experience at his back and will look to utilize it to the fullest during his stint with the franchise. (With Inputs: PTI) Defender Seriton Fernandes has signed a new long-term contract with FC Goa .FC Goa played Indian Super League 2018-19 finals.Seriton will look to utilize his experience with FC Goa. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
(REUTERS) – Eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao concedes his next opponent Jeff Horn is a bit of an unknown quantity but has told the Australian he needs to be in peak condition to make sure their WBO welterweight title fight pleases fight fans Down Under.Pacquiao made a low-key entry to Australia yesterday, touching down at Brisbane airport for a promotional tour for their July 2 bout at Lang Park and speaking briefly to reporters before being whisked away by handlers.“I don’t know much about him, but I know he’s a fighter,” Pacquiao told local media.“I haven’t watched his fights yet, but I’m going to get his last three fights and watch it.“My message for him is to work hard, and make sure you’re 100 percent conditioned on July 2, so we can give a good fight, we can entertain people.”The fight against Horn (16-0-1) will be the 38-year-old Pacquiao’s first since his unanimous decision victory for the title over American Jessie Vargas in Las Vegas last November.Pacquiao had previously agreed to an April fight against Briton Amir Khan in the United Arab Emirates but his promoter Bob Arum said last month it had been postponed after the $38 million offer for the bout failed to materialise.The Horn-Pacquiao fight is eagerly anticipated in Australia and will be the biggest boxing event held in the country in decades.Organisers expect a crowd of over 50 000 to cram into Lang Park, which regularly hosts domestic and international rugby and soccer matches.Dean Lonergan, a director at promoter Duco Events, hoped the bout would revitalise boxing in Australia.“It’s been in the doldrums for some time,” Lonergan said in comments published by state media ABC.“I think you’ll find this will be the biggest fight in Australian history and you’ll see the underdog (Horn) come through, and there’s nothing like Australians supporting their own guys when they’re underdogs.”Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines celebrates after defeating Jessie Vargas of Las Vegas to become WBO welterweight champion at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S., November 5, 2016. (REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/L.E. Baskow)